Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, from Central Illinois, been a Harley guy, haven't quite pulled the trigger yet but am 99% sure next week I'll be purchasing a suede nuclear sunset cross country. I'm planning on getting the all black tri-ovals, quick detach backrest, the all black derby covers, 12" modular arlen ness apes, and the klock werks wind shield...I have been doing extensive research before my switch. The one thing you can't get in research very easily is opinions of those that have been riding a Victory...so, are you all happy with your purchase, would you buy another one, is the maintenance really that much cheaper, any issues that you've had, specifically with the cross country?

Thanks for insight, and I look forward to seeing this brand grow, from what I can tell it's a much better product, it's just too young in the game to give HD a fair run at market share

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had my vegas 8 ball since October and LOVE IT! I would definitely get it again. So far my services have been around 250 but I've only had two and on my second they installed grips so that drove the cost up some because of the extra labor charges.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cross Roads

Welcome from Indiana!
I bought a 2012 Cross Roads last spring. I would do it again but probably would not choose Gloss Black. I added the Victory Quick release Passenger Backrest, and Utopia Drivers Backrest. Both are great and make riding a lot more comfortable. I would definitely do it again. I did get the Victory Tall windshield and am also happy with it.
I am really surprised at hos the bike is easy to maneuver and even at 700 plus pounds is easy to move and quickly avoid pot holes if needed.
I came from a Honda VTX and even at about the same weight the Victory handles much better. The Stock seat does feel softer after riding a season on it. At first it seemed pretty firm. (my old VTX had a Mustang seat). You will enjoy Victory. They are well made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've test drove the cross country a few times, immediately went and drove a street glide, which is what I'm deciding between...and the ride says it all...after being on 3 different Harleys in the last 5 years it's the little things I noticed that made a big difference for me...my apprehensions revolve around what happens after my purchase. You know Harley is anywhere and everywhere and although they cost, you at least have the piece of mind knowing there is always a dealership nearby that has what you need. Victory also has roadside assistance etc...but the dealer may be hours away so on and forth....I'm sold on the bike, I haven't pulled the trigger yet because of the total package that comes along with each respective bike...I look forward to more feedback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts