Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess an intro is what's needed.

Im 40 years old and my first vehicle was a street bike at age 16. Ive owned 6 bikes since then, all of them being sport bikes. My last being a GSX-R1000. I sold that a couple years ago and was looking to get a bike again. Something a little more comfortable to ride. Thought the Hayabusa would work, but wasnt as comfortable as I thought it would be. Happened to see the Victory High Ball at the dealership and fell in love with it.

I am planning on buying a used 2012 High Ball with 800 miles on it. Its in another state so I have some questions. I assume I just need a 3 day temp registration until i can get it smogged and tested correct? Also, it is in California and has the CA emission stuff on it with canister and catalytic convertor I believe. How do I remove this stuff? Should I just have the dealer do it when I get it home?

Thanks, and cant wait to start riding.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Ah ok.. well i will post the questions in the other forum. Im in Phoenix.
Do motorcycles have to pass emissions testing in Phoenix? If not, it shouldn't be difficult (saying more than I know) to remove and plug the evap system. We all have cats in our pipes and there was a posting recently about removing them, but not as simple as undoing the evap. Oh BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of Victory. The only downside of owning one is you're going to have to talk about it wherever you go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts