Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum to do some research on different models. I currently ride a 1999 GSXR 750, but have been looking to switch to a cruiser. I have looked at most make/models of bikes and like Victorys more then the others. Also based on what in found they are extremely reliable and well priced. I especially like the Vegas, Jackpot and kingpins. Hopefully tomorrow I can get down to sac and test ride a 06 Jackpot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Infest rode the used bikes. The jackpot didn't idle right. And the used Vegas had some bad scratches. So..

Sold my 99 Gsxr 750. Got a new ride that is more me. It's a 2013 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Got a decent deal since they are trying to get rid of the 2013 for the 2014s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked it up Saturday. Had a great day. Put a few miles on it. Took it to work and back Sunday and Monday. I work nights. This morning while leaving work my bike wouldn't start. Tried turning it off and on, kickstand up and down in gear and out of gear. Hit the button and it just clicks once. Tried to jump start it, tried to push start it. Nothing. Waiting for the dealer to open so I can call them. :(

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I picked it up Saturday. Had a great day. Put a few miles on it. Took it to work and back Sunday and Monday. I work nights. This morning while leaving work my bike wouldn't start. Tried turning it off and on, kickstand up and down in gear and out of gear. Hit the button and it just clicks once. Tried to jump start it, tried to push start it. Nothing. Waiting for the dealer to open so I can call them. :(

Gorgeous bike!
I would guess a low battery or loose battery connection. Loose connections seem to be common enough to be mentioned here a few times...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on the bike, but sorry to hear about the trouble with the starting system.

I recently came from a sport bike to a vegas and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the dealer and they were more then helpful. They met me at the bike, swapped the battery and tested a few things. Looks like the starter went bad. He said he would have my bike trailered back to the dealer and order the new starter. He said he should have it running and back to me by tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck... I ride on a regular basis with a half dozen HD dudes and my Vic is the only bike that hasn't been on the trailer this summer. I went on a ride with 40 bikes the other night. In the first 60km a new Kawasaki and a couple year old Suzuki broke down. If you wanna see a couple guys getting bugged for riding Jap crap come to our next run!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts