Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from New Mexico!
I'm not a Victory owner yet, but I think that's about to change. I got my knee replaced recently, and I'm having problems riding my R1...the rear sets aren't working with that knee anymore. I've never been too interested in cruiser bikes, but if I want to continue riding, I think I'm headed in that direction. Probably shouldn't ride my desert bike either.
I was looking at Yamaha Raiders, and I remembered Victory bikes, so I hit The internet and started searching.
Wow! I really like the Hammer 8 Ball, I've found several used ones on Cycletrader and a couple other sites, various years and mileage. It astounds me how few miles some of them have on the clocks. I think I'm sold !
Now I'm out to educate myself on Victory bikes lots of questions....
That's why I'm here!

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome from CT. If you like comfort, the Vic bikes have it. I had a GoldWing for 10 years that I traded in on a Cross Country Tour.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thank you!
Connecticut. ... I've never been there. . Yet. The eastern half of the country it's on my bucket list though. I have a sister in Virginia and a brother in Ohio, but I've stayed in the west my whole life. I may have to go east if I ever want to see rain again. ....
I've been searching the net for victory bikes and I've found severali like on cycletrader, but not one person has replied to my inquiries. So last night I started on Craigslist, maybe I'll have better luck.
I visited a dealership acouple hours away this week and compared Victorys and Raiders. I think I'm leaning toward Victory, but they didn't have a Hammer, and thats what interested in.
Have there been a lot of changes in the bikes insay, 8-9 years, other than the larger engine? I keep reading about the transmission being wonderful, shifting great. Is that a recent thing? Im looking for a used bike, im sure you've noticed by now, but I dont want to get one the year before a major improvement by ignorance if I can avoid it.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum , you cant go wrong with a Vic , and yes take it from me , the Hammer rocks ! Good luck!thumb up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts