Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new mirrors came today. The originals were way too small, and way too close to the grip. They are cheapies from eBay, cost $25 including shipping. They feel kind of cheap, but they are so much better than stock. They are higher, wider, and larger. I can see so much more of what's behind me. I also dig the way they look :)

Just figured I'd share...

ImageUploadedByMO Free1371499316.527539.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1371499329.198415.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
My new mirrors came today. The originals were way too small, and way too close to the grip. They are cheapies from eBay, cost $25 including shipping. They feel kind of cheap, but they are so much better than stock. They are higher, wider, and larger. I can see so much more of what's behind me. I also dig the way they look :)
Looking good. The drawback of the cheapies is that they will rust, corrode and chip within a year or two, but at $25 a pair, you won't be too attached to them when it's time to replace them. ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm sucking up the stock mirrors until I find what I really want. Those look like they really do open up your view of the rear. That's a huge plus!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I'm gonna have to take issue here. I actually think the stock mirrors on the CC are pretty nice. Of course, I replaced mine with the Ness version and stuck the stock ones on my Vulcan 900. I had replaced the stock Vulcan mirrors with ebay mirrors that look pretty similar to the ones you just bought. They worked well for a couple of years, but then the chrome (plastic) started coming off. The original stock Vulcans are on my workshop bench. You know....us men are never satisfied! :crzy:

·
Registered
264 Posts
thanks. got curious and just looked at my xc. the stem on the left is longer than that on the right so they sit level.
I'm sure that is accurate for the stock mirrors, but most aftermarket mirrors don't have a longer stem to make up the difference.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
When you are ready to spend a couple more bucks on some very good mirrors you might want to check out what Kuryakyn has to offer. I highly recommend the convex mirrors because they show less vibration in the mirrors. Being heavy like these are helps a lot too.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/255/Magnum-Plus-Mirrors

I ended up going with the Kury Scythe mirrors but I keep these around in case I do a long touring trip because they extend up and past the trunk better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts