Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put these on, and so far they are great. They are higher and stick out more than OEM, plus they are almost a perfect match for the paint.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1384531486.218890.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1384531502.901618.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Those look kool Broggy , very nice

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Broggy,
Who makes those?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Is the extension part of the mirror package? I've got similar extensions for my stock mirrors that do the trick... they do need to stick out further to work for me. The extension at least is a must.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They haven't loosened up yet... Still in the position I last left them in.

Here are more pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wow! They look great. Like they came with the bike. The shape of them goes well with the lines of the XC. They mimic the speaker grills too. thumb up

·
Registered
108 Posts
That company has some cool stuff I have been looking at there mirrors and lights for a bout a month and can decide what I want..I'm a mirror whore so that really sucks...BTW they look good on your bike!!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I still have some mirrors from that outfit - Kiwav, out of Taiwan as I recall - that I got off eBay about 3 yrs ago on my Road Glide. Different style of course but I was sufficiently impressed with their construction that I bought another set about two years ago for a Kawasaki I had. I took them off when I sold it and put them on my XC. The ball and socket is still very tight and easily holds adjustment with all the vibration and what not years later. The coating may be paint, maybe some sort of electrical deposition but I'm not sure. No matter, it's holding its luster quite well after these three years. Seems they were a very reasonable 50 or 60 bucks + S&H a set at the time. From reading the Brogster's post, it doesn't look like the quality or price have slipped either. Bottom line and IMO - if you see a set you like from that vendor, have at it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice looking, agree they go great with the XC lines.

Can't tell from the pics, but is the glass tinted blue like high end Euro mirrors are?

·
Registered
340 Posts
According to their listing information, yes, "blue convex lens".

I like these and think they look pretty sharp, but was surprised to see they're made of ABS plastic. @forty-one, were both your sets plastic as well? For $49 I still might try a set regardless...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Negatory on the ABS. Mine are both milled aluminum with a very lightly tinted blue convex mirror. Same mirrors in two different colors for different bikes. They are a simpler design than Broggyr's. It could be with the more complex design of his, they went to ABS as I would think that it might be harder to mill from aluminum or anything else. They came with a ton of adapter hardware, too. Still have a cubby drawer or two full of it. I tried to get some pics yesterday but they are spindly enough the camera keeps auto-focusing on the background. Will try again here shortly. Duh, turn off the autofocus? Of course, with that little micro monitor on the camera I can hardly tell what's in the pic, let alone if it's focused. We'll sort it out. Ah, no need, they still make them, same price, too. Son of a… Free shipping now? Sweet. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-ALUMINUM-BLACK-RECTANGLE-REARVIEW-SIDE-MIRRORS-HARLEY-CHOPPER-CRUISER-/390704296813?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5af7ca736d

I ran the particulars and it says they don't fit my bike. I seem to recall there was a some slight bossing on the brake side casting that I fitted a washer to to lift it slightly above the bossing so the arm could swivel home. One could probably make just about any of them fit with a little garage-style nip and tuck I should think. It also says the small size may be illegal, but to the best of my knowledge they are not. Nor are they unsafely small, you just don't see as much clear blue sky as regular sized ones at the top of your sight picture. Brogs can chime in on his sight picture if it's rendered odd from the shape or size of his. No close ups, but there are pics in my garage.

As an aside, my bike came with the Ness teardrop mirrors. Perfectly good mirrors, but I felt the "biological" shape just didn't match up with the sort of mechano-futuristic look of the machine as a whole. My old Kiwavs did so I swapped them. They were both semi-gloss black and matched pretty well there. The Kiwavs were every bit as good a quality as the Nesses that I took off, plus they have a slender, more elegant look to them, unlike the not-so-slender, inelegant pilot.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
41: good post. Yep, the front-brake reservoir assembly cover -- at least on the X bikes -- has a recess. That recess is about 0.58" (15mm) in diameter.

To deal with that, the jam nut that goes on the bottom of the stock mirror stalks has a built-in sleeve-like area, below the nut itself. That portion of the jam nut is about 0.16" (c. 4mm) deep. To get that area level on top, people can put a washer or two in that recess.

This is one of the issues I had to deal with when replacing my stock mirrors earlier this year, which is when I noted those dimensions. (I discuss this in my mirror-adding page, http://www.billanddot.com/adding-rivco-led-mirrors.html , near the top, in a section titled "PHYSICAL INSTALLATION OF THE RIVCOS — STALK THREADING.")

All of this may not matter if the jam nut on the new mirror has a flat bottom, or if an adapter for the mirror stalk has a nice wide flat bottom, too.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
And right you are, Bill. Right side only. Mine fit perfectly on the left and the right was so close it just wasn't a showstopper.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw those thin mirrors too and they look sharp. However, I wanted the more 'swoopy' look to match the bike. I kind of figured they are plastic, but the OEM mirrors are plastic too (not including the arm and bolts).

I would love to see pics of those thin aluminum mirrors, and I was looking at those too :)

I love having options haha

{EDIT} Those thin mirrors are Magazi, and so are mine. And yes, the glass is tinted blue. Very happy with these.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmm, i bought these mirrors last week before even seeing this thread. Sounds like I made a good choice since everyone seems to like it.

Is anyone using a washer on the inside of the bolt? I'm afraid to tighten it down to much and breaking it. I had it pretty tight and it didn't take much pressure to make it swivel.

I also want to figure out a way to remove the name "Mangasi" off the mirror. It's kinda in the way, and it says Mangasi.. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe I used the washer. I can't recall lol. It doesn't move while riding, no matter how fast I go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah I'm going to stop at Lowes and get a washer after work. There weren't any in my bag of parts.

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Broggyr
Hi Broggy
Sent you a PM. Wondering if you like these and would buy them again for your XCT. The small size has me wondering if you can see over your shoulder well on them.

Thanks

Mike

I believe I used the washer. I can't recall lol. It doesn't move while riding, no matter how fast I go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts