Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Neal Flora here
Just bought two new Vics, 2012 Vegas and 2012 Cross Roads.
Both have the Stage 1 kit, both lowered (at least some). Just got seats back from the A$$-man here in Naples and now both of us sit flat-footed.

Was a Harley guy (have an old 76 Shovel FXE that I rebuilt from the ground up) but when looking for some new bikes for myself and my wife was taken aback with sticker shock on the HD. A friend said "go ride a Victory and you will not go back to HD" and he was right!

Looking forward to some info on moving the forward controls back a bit on both bikes, just as soon as I figure out how to Post!

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
Hi all, Neal Flora here
Just bought two new Vics, 2012 Vegas and 2012 Cross Roads.
Both have the Stage 1 kit, both lowered (at least some). Just got seats back from the A$$-man here in Naples and now both of us sit flat-footed.

Was a Harley guy (have an old 76 Shovel FXE that I rebuilt from the ground up) but when looking for some new bikes for myself and my wife was taken aback with sticker shock on the HD. A friend said "go ride a Victory and you will not go back to HD" and he was right!

Looking forward to some info on moving the forward controls back a bit on both bikes, just as soon as I figure out how to Post!
Congrats on the Vegas and XR, and welcome aboard!

You will be able to post everywhere else once you get 2 posts under your belt (you're half way there). You need one more in this forum to become a full fledged member.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what to post? I assume there is some mechanism to ensure I am real before I allowed "full" posting.

From what I understand (from friends and others), the Vics are 100% more reliable than the HD's.
Bringing my Cross Roads home on 75 (main highway in So. Florida) I was impressed. As was noted in many places, shifting is a bit "Clanky" but handling was great. Have a windshield but no faring yet. Looking into some aftermarket offerings. I was a bit surprised there are not more aftermarket goodies available. (well at least that I could find)

ta-ta for now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts