Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speculation on 2016 model release is over.
Just got an email from Victory, showing the new model lineup will be announced 7-28-15
I sort of hope nothing too tempting, since I will pay my bike off next month.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
I sort of hope nothing too tempting, since I will pay my bike off next month.....
Perfect time for a new note! :ltr:

I paid off my Shadow last October and bought my Vic in November! (Of course I had to buy the wife a new Subaru first!)

D.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Yes I also hope there is nothing too tempting... I don't finance bikes but if it's something really awesome I would be tempted.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I haven't heard any hype so I don't expect much new.
The less I hear.....The more I expect. Victory is real good at keeping secrets. I do know we will see something with the motor the based the Project 156, and at least 1, but prolly 2 electric bikes

·
Registered
483 Posts
The less I hear.....The more I expect. Victory is real good at keeping secrets. I do know we will see something with the motor the based the Project 156, and at least 1, but prolly 2 electric bikes

Isn't that an Indian ? {Scout} I think ?

So you think that Vic, is going to include that engine ? in it's line up?

Personally, I hope not. I like the look of the "106" & would luv to see them downsize it to a 750 offering . Then they could build a good flat-track competitor . Or at least privateers could ....thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

Personally, I hope not. I like the look of the "106" & would luv to see them downsize it to a 750 offering . Then they could build a good flat-track competitor . Or at least privateers could ....thumb up

What? Downsize it to half? I want them to up size it to a 126" so I can waste every HD rider I know... Except the Trask guys.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
I was just at Victory of Mesa picking up my new passenger backrest and the back lot was rows of new bikes, lots of bikes. You should see what Vic is coming out with!!!! I ain't telling. :D :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
The current rumors are a smaller cc bike like the scout and a liquid cooled vision. However the vision will essentially be cross country with a fixed fairing. Much like how the HD Road Glide is to the Street Glide. We'll see of course later tonight/tomorrow. This needs to be the year for some excitement! Some of those cool Indian electronics need to make it to the Vics. They didn't gut the line last year for nothing. Everything seems to point to 2016 being a big deal. Just please don't give us yet another year of the same old Vision from 2008! Eight model years is enough.

Again all just talk until we actually know.

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
There were a lot of unopened crates and that's the truth.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If the Vision becomes a relabeled CCT, I will be glad to keep the one I have. If I wanted a CCT I would have bought one. They had both for the same money at the dealer when I bought my Vision. Give me a better engine, maybe water cooled, and I will become interested but don't take away my adjustable windshield or the excellent hand shielding provided by the Vision fairing in winter.
On the other hand, I would be delighted to see a model designed to take on the new Street HDs straight up and kick some butt.

·
Registered
483 Posts
What? Downsize it to half? I want them to up size it to a 126" so I can waste every HD rider I know... Except the Trask guys.

LOL! yeah but the 750 is the limit in AMA F/Track. And I would seriously like to see them make an honest attempt at it.

Think about it,...H/D~v~Vic~v~Indian.....just like the 'good-ole' days:D

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the Vision is a fixed fairing XC with a 116" and looks good... I am buying one!
THAT is what I'm afraid of! I would LOVE that combo. I have sunk a ton of $ in my XC, but have always like the feel of a fixed fairing bike. I took the Vic survey many months ago and there were prototypes that had a fixed fairing. The looked almost the same as the XC from the tank back. The Vision loyalists will miss the loss of the VV character, but I bet XC riders (myself included) would jump on it (if it handles as well as a fixed wing bike should).

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
THAT is what I'm afraid of! I would LOVE that combo. I have sunk a ton of $ in my XC, but have always like the feel of a fixed fairing bike. I took the Vic survey many months ago and there were prototypes that had a fixed fairing. The looked almost the same as the XC from the tank back. The Vision loyalists will miss the loss of the VV character, but I bet XC riders (myself included) would jump on it (if it handles as well as a fixed wing bike should).

I too love the way fixed fairing bike handles... It was the only reason I even remotely considered the RG prior to my XC.

·
Registered
17 XCT
41 Posts
Bikes were unveiled at 3 pm PST today. Can't wait...

My Guess is one Electrick bike, New Vision with water cooled 110 ci. and a whole new CC too :)
What?!?!? :confused: And no one has pictures yet!!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts