Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMFG yesterday I saw a guy on a bagger texting while going down the road in a 50MPH speed zone

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's almost as bad as the darn kid texting in his cage. Little turd.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I like to believe there's a place in hell for those who use the phone on any level while driving. They have no regard for their safety or others' well being. Where I'm concerned, they are sub human. I'd like to see hunting tags issued for those people with no limit. Requirements would be a scoped rifle and a clean head shot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ran into a dude that mounted his phone on his tank and cut off the thumb and index finger on his left glove so that he could text while riding.
Because we all know that that every incoming text is too important to wait. :crzy:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ugh, every time I see someone texting while driving, It makes me want to take a mirror off their car!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well it aint just adults riding baggers... (Why did it have to be segregated to a bagger btw?? lol.. ) I was pulling out of my court heading to work the other evening, here comes a kid 12-14 maybe, riding his bike, no hands, opposing traffic (ie me) in my lane texting. A quick toot on the horn (like he coulding hear me coming) and he looked up and got back out of the middle of the lane. I kinda shrugged it off but then I thought, another 3-4 years he will be driving doing the same.

Bottom line, it is lack of responsibility while driving/riding and no concern or respect for the others on the road jepordizing their safety. Like TJ said, is it really that important. People are shocked when my phone rings or an incoming txt rings and I silence my phone while talking to them. I would say 3 out of 4 ask me if I am going to check that. "No, I am talking to you.. When were done, I will check it" Just my 2 cents tonight....

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
If I were Emperor of this country, I'd hire a traffic minister from Germany and tell him to make it here like it is there. You have to hire an instructor for 3 or 4 months (depending on how fast yo learn) to get your license; nothing in your 2 hands but the wheel; stay to the right unless passing aggressively; no used car lots, you buy a new one. The trade off; you can drive faster than you can here because you know how.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
If I were Emperor of this country, I'd hire a traffic minister from Germany and tell him to make it here like it is there. You have to hire an instructor for 3 or 4 months (depending on how fast yo learn) to get your license; nothing in your 2 hands but the wheel; stay to the right unless passing aggressively; no used car lots, you buy a new one. The trade off; you can drive faster than you can here because you know how.
Good luck with that. My twenty something year old niece didn't even know the left lane was meant for passing. I learned this when she got upset because someone got behind her and flashed the lights at her.

Our country needs help.

On the bright side, we do have a lot of entertaining news stories!

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Good luck with that. My twenty something year old niece didn't even know the left lane was meant for passing. I learned this when she got upset because someone got behind her and flashed the lights at her.
That's the highest point and most expensive ticket you can get in Germany. If she goes there, she'll be a boon to their economy.:ltr:

·
Registered
520 Posts

Our country needs help.

On the bright side, we do have a lot of entertaining news stories!
That's because they don't teach it in our "drivers training" courses, a big reason why we have a road full of morons and people weaving thru traffic trying to get past slower moving vehicles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The AMA is trying to get a "motorcycle awareness" portion added to the drivers training written exam as well as the road test.

That would be a blessing for us! It wouldn't fix everyone but hopefully it would make people and kids a little more aware that we, as motorcyclists, are out there.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Here's some relevant information for all of us two-wheeled drivers that have to pay attention so we make it back home alive:

1. As of 12/2011:
a. US Population: 311 Million (est)
b. # of Mobile Phones: 331.6 Million
c. # of Licensed Drivers: 203 Million
d. # of Mobile subscribers: 285 Million

2. CTIA's March 2010 wireless survey showed that 91% of all americans had a cell phone.
3. Using a cell phone while driving reduces brain activity associated with driving by 37%.

TEXTING
a. In June 2011, more than 196 Billion text messages were sent or received in the US, up more than 50% from June 2009.
b. 40% of all American teens say they have been in a car when the driver used a cell phone in a way that put people in danger.
c. The average teenager sends 3,339 texts per Month.

:crzy:

·
Registered
851 Posts
That's because they don't teach it in our "drivers training" courses, a big reason why we have a road full of morons and people weaving thru traffic trying to get past slower moving vehicles.
A few months ago my 16 year old went through a state sponsored driver ed class. The instructor stated that the posted speed limit is the maximum anyone can drive under perfect conditions and everyone has to slow down when its dark, raining etc... She also told the class that she will purposely drive the speed limit in the left lane and laugh at people who get mad at her. Maryland does not have a move right law BTW.

I told my son that driving like that is illegal in some states and down right rude in EVERY state. I've also pointed out how dangerous it is because the people behind the slow driver weave in and out trying to get past. I had the "privilege" of paying $320 for his "education" too boot :mad:

·
Registered
520 Posts
A few months ago my 16 year old went through a state sponsored driver ed class. The instructor stated that the posted speed limit is the maximum anyone can drive under perfect conditions and everyone has to slow down when its dark, raining etc... She also told the class that she will purposely drive the speed limit in the left lane and laugh at people who get mad at her. Maryland does not have a move right law BTW.

I told my son that driving like that is illegal in some states and down right rude in EVERY state. I've also pointed out how dangerous it is because the people behind the slow driver weave in and out trying to get past. I had the "privilege" of paying $320 for his "education" too boot :mad:
EXACTLY, and therein lies the problem with our freeways in the States! I wish she would go to Germany and try that, we'd have one less dumbass to worry about.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Goatlocker, I will personally come to your home a let the air out of all you tires, put sugar in the fuel tanks and spray paint WIMP on your vehicles if you don't report that driver ed "teacher." People like that are allowed to influence our kids when good parents don't speak up. We have a cell phone/texting law in Oregon because I got it done. Liberal legislators can be useful at times. Sic her!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bagger

I said "bagger" because that's what he was riding. sorry if I offended long distance riders.NO BIKER(OR CAGER) should be texting!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I said "bagger" because that's what he was riding. sorry if I offended long distance riders.NO BIKER(OR CAGER) should be texting!!!!!!!
I was just jabbin because you said bagger, like singling out bald guy, the well fed rider, etc.. No offence taken at all and come to think of it, the last time I seen a biker texting it was a bagger as well. Im glad you brought the topic up and I post this tonight for a little humor of some justice for those that text and drive.. :)

So, a quick check of the radar showed storms popping up tonight (some severe) before I get off work in the A.M. which led me to cage it for a change into work. With the current temps and knowing I would chug through 10 minutes at least of construction, I wasn't bitchin too much. The truck needs drivin too I thought. So, 2/3 the way to work, merging into the middle of the interstate construction it is down to one lane plus my merger lane which is about to end. I am coming on beside a semi truck which aint so scarey in the cage. I start to shoot for infront of the semi when I see the car behind the truck not moving after they stopped. So, I figure he is going to let me in, I slow letting the tractor trailer pass me and just about the time the back of the trailer is even with my door here comes the car tearing up to cut me off.

I drive a 99 Ford PU with 230K on it. It says I dont give a **** all over it and I press with my lane change with signal and he slams on the brakes at the very last. Was he texting and that is why he didnt move with traffic?? My guess, yes... If not, it helps this story to assume he was. So, now pissed off he rides my ass 1/4 mile and as soon as the cones clear the next lane over he jumps on it to come around me. HOWEVER, it is an exit only lane and the dumbass didnt see the sign in his haste (or while shooting another text) and he has to take the off ramp now. Genious decides to try to cut through the cones back into the lane when an unmarked state trooper pops his lights. So dipstick turns off and heads on his way exit stage right. Oh by the way, that exit has no on-ramp to get him back to the interstate without about 10 minutes of city driving.

So in close, I would like to think a TEXTER got thier just deserts tonight. Your abosolutly right HAMMER, Cagers nor Bikers should be texting while driving and we should not be on the recieving end of their irresponsability.. Sorry the story was a bit long but I thought it was funny.

Safe ridding... Tim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts