Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have recently noticed a noise that occurs when I roll off throttle (pretty much coasting) and then it repeats itself when I reapply throttle. I have been recently wearing a half helmet when riding because of the heat, so it may be something that has been occurring, and I just haven't heard it with my full face helmet on. I don't know if this is a normal thing, or if it indicates that I have some slack somewhere in the driveline components that I need to address. The bike is running fine, with no change in operation. I don't notice any other ancillary noises going on, so I am inclined to think it is normal and just a new sound I am picking up because of the helmet difference, but I don't want to ignore a potential issue either. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the clutch is out when it occurs. Only manipulation is the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it a gear related sound? These bikes have a geared primary drive as opposed to a chain so there is some backlash there when going from throttle on to off and then on again.

I particularly notice mine when in situations like coasting down a tight winding road like a mountain range or similar, in a relatively high gear.

They sound a bit agricultural but it's not any cause for concern if that's the noise you're hearing.

Russ.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is probably it. It operates just fine, and it is something I noticed and want to ask about it. I tend to over analyze things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts