Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
@highball2014 I understand your dilemma, these guys have no problem finding the right oil, I live on a small island in Indonesia, so I get your issue

First off it is true, wet clutch JASO MA2, bla bla is the only way forward, I only used to buy VICTORY oil but it is not that good, it does not last 8000 kilometer

So now I switched to SPECTRO GOLDEN 4
20W50 because I live in a really hot place

You need 15W40 (first number does not matter)

I ordered online.... But being in Paris you should find any oil that is JASO MA2
IMG20190407062835-1040x780.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Back in the days I started riding Victory. I used Mobil 1- 10/40. Victory was the only 20/40 oil around and my closest dealer was 400 miles away. I still use Mobil 1 oil filter M1-110A

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Good point, i use a HONDA car filter

Andre using TaPaTaLk

I did a test before on the pressure, so this was the end results

Hi all, i run a honda filter on my CCT

HAMP H1540-PLC-003 (6 U$D)

So I did a oil pressure test before

RedLine 15W40 & K&N filter (28 U$D) filter = 80/90 PSI

LIQUI MOLY 10W50 & HEMP filter = 80/90 PSI

Ride on brothers

K&N surly made in China, but maybe the HONDA filter made in Japan ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Ride on brothers

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Honda car filter on both my bikes. :)

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
6 vs 28 $ crazy right, and the 28 $ surly is made in China, seems HONDA is a safe bet there made in Japan....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
6 vs 28 $ crazy right, and the 28 $ surly is made in China, seems HONDA is a safe bet there made in Japan....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I don't know, some Honda motorcycles are made in Taiwan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Ride on brothers

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Hi Andre,

but the KN is a cleanable and re-usable filter no ? what about the HAMP ?

not sure i can find it in France at this price. here you can make 2 or 3 times of the prices for annything !! people turned crazy with prices when we passed into Euro money ! but it's another story

so i decided to go for Catrol Power 1 10w40 or Motul 5100 10w40 100% synthese. (i think this one is better)

i was ready to go for a KN filter, but if there's a better quality for same or lower price htat's fine; i don't care if i can save 10 £ on a filter or oil, i just want something serious et good quality.

so what about this Hamp filter exactly ? thanks guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok; but wich ref ? cau i searched for the HAMP H1540-PLC-003 and can't find it at all, it offers me H1540-RTA-515 only (for honda civic, integra ect...) and the price is approximatly the same that the KN that is known to fit my Vic model. so... ?

seems to be complicate to find the fitting parts and the best ahhaha

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
The K&N air filters are cleanable and reusable; not the oil filters. I guess you guys over there don't have the 'Wix' brand. They make excellent Victory filters. You can find the numbers in one of the links in my signature.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
ok; but wich ref ? cau i searched for the HAMP H1540-PLC-003 and can't find it at all, it offers me H1540-RTA-515 only (for honda civic, integra ect...) and the price is approximatly the same that the KN that is known to fit my Vic model. so... ?

seems to be complicate to find the fitting parts and the best ahhaha
Actually if you just take your oil filter to the filter shop you should find one that fits, that's how I found the Honda filter

The A02 is made by fram and the A01 is made by Filtech which is a subsidiary of Toyo Roki (who makes the HAMP filters).

Also shown is the HAMP oil filter and the similarities between it and 15400-PLM-A01. There are also (2) filters HAMP sells, the 1540-PLC-505 (Made in Japan by Toyo Roki ) and the 1540-RTA-505 (Made in the USA by Filtech).

Cliff notes:

Honda OEM Filter - Part #15400-PLM-A01 - Made by Filtech/Toyo Roki, superior filter to the A02, replaced by the A02
Honda OEM Filter - Part #15400-PLM-A02 - Made by Honeywell/Fram, sold at most dealers
HAMP Filter - Part #H1540-RTA-505 - Made by Filtech/Toyo Roki in USA
HAMP Filter - Part #H1540-PLC-505 - Made by Toyo Roki in Japan

I ended buying the OEM A01 filters since they are about 5 bucks a pop online compared to the 10 or 15 bucks for a HAMP filter.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello High Ballers ! forst of all, i wish you all a great new year 2020

well, i will start this year, asking some info about the best Oil (not the brand) but weight to put into my High Ball

no need to go into complex and technical answers ahahaha

i' ve read that Vic says to use 20W40 but read that many of you use different kinds....

so wich one seems the best ?

here it's never hot like in Texas and never cold like in alaska. it's a Mediteranean wheather. 40°C max in summer, and -10C in winter.... and in both case i dont ride my bike ahahah i go swimm to the pool or i go skiing ;)

and if you can tell me wich Oil Filter to pick up online it would be top !

i know hundreds of OIL posts were posted before; i read lots of them; but didnt found a clear answer !

thanks guys.
Happy New Year.

What everyone wrote about an oil blend that will not booger-up your clutch.

Your idea of 15/20W40 oil seems spot on for where you live. I am in the desert SW and run 15W60 Victory, or Amsoil synthetic in my Gunner. I run a mix of 20W50 and straight 50W synthetic in my Sporty, blend based on the time of year.

Victory still offers its oil and filters in the U.S., at surviving dealer ships, and on eBay.

My feeling about filters is that you will be safe with any name brand filter, changing them @ 5K miles or less. I am changing my oil at 4.5K or sooner.

Best wishes for many smile filled miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello High Ballers ! forst of all, i wish you all a great new year 2020

well, i will start this year, asking some info about the best Oil (not the brand) but weight to put into my High Ball

no need to go into complex and technical answers ahahaha

i' ve read that Vic says to use 20W40 but read that many of you use different kinds....

so wich one seems the best ?

here it's never hot like in Texas and never cold like in alaska. it's a Mediteranean wheather. 40°C max in summer, and -10C in winter.... and in both case i dont ride my bike ahahah i go swimm to the pool or i go skiing ;)

and if you can tell me wich Oil Filter to pick up online it would be top !

i know hundreds of OIL posts were posted before; i read lots of them; but didnt found a clear answer !

thanks guys.
Find Victory oil on-line and buy it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i just found a Castrol power 1 15W50 at a good price on the Amazon(france) do you think it would do the job ?

i ve read here and there that the W50 was not that good, ? if yes why ? if not i'll go for a 10W40 and that's it.
That is exactly what I have in my 14 CCT right now and it performs well and the shifts are great!

Since you are in Francia the Motul 5000 or 7000 line of x/w40 would work well for you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts