Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy,
New guy to Victory - Old guy everywhere else. Been riding multiple brands. Last 20 years have been large frames..... Wings (3), and more recently "Brand X"......Ultras and a Road King .....
I got the itch for change and not ready for an Indian. Really liking the Cross Country and have taken a few demo rides.
I really want to hear from all, but also the folks that left Harley Touring frames and went over to Vic Cross County/ Tour.
Looks like a heck of a bike......
Good riding !!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT, NewOldGuy :)
My last 17+ years' worth of bikes were also large-framed bikes including a Suzuki Cavalcade (4 years), 2002 GoldWing (10 years) and my XCT (working on 3rd season now).

Started with a '81 Honda CB750C

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome from CT, NewOldGuy :)
My last 17+ years' worth of bikes were also large-framed bikes including a Suzuki Cavalcade (4 years), 2002 GoldWing (10 years) and my XCT (working on 3rd season now).

Started with a '81 Honda CB750C
Thank broggyr,
Remembering how the Wings handled .....Would you say the XC heavier to muscle around (low speed) vs the Wing or no.............
Anyone else? Thx

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I would classify it an an entirely different feeling. I chalk that up to the whole fixed fairing vs. fork-mount fairing. Also, the power delivery was much smoother on the wing as compared to the v-twin. Add to that the feeling of sitting 'in' the XCT rather than 'on' the Wing. The XCT seems to have much more ground clearance, as I have to really push it to scrape things, moreso than the Wing.

Once you get used to the bike though, I would say it's as good if not better. It's pretty predictable when you learn where the clutch threshholds are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would classify it an an entirely different feeling. I chalk that up to the whole fixed fairing vs. fork-mount fairing. Also, the power delivery was much smoother on the wing as compared to the v-twin. Add to that the feeling of sitting 'in' the XCT rather than 'on' the Wing. The XCT seems to have much more ground clearance, as I have to really push it to scrape things, moreso than the Wing.

Once you get used to the bike though, I would say it's as good if not better. It's pretty predictable when you learn where the clutch threshholds are.
Thanks - Yes. Similar to my Ultras and Road Kings in feel however the XC sure seems to be bigger ....longer. I'm a wee bit cramped some days on my current ride.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I really wanted an Ultra, but it was cramped for me. The XCT being bigger sure fit me much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts