Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking for my first Victory. I've been looking for deals on new 2013 Vision models. But, recently I have come across a few used 08's, One had 9,000 miles (which was sold), and the other has 12,000 miles on it. Would you guys recommend purchasing used instead of new? Are there any differences between the 08 and 13? Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been very happy with my used 08 Vision, it had 12,400 miles on it.....it cost me about $10,000 less then new prices..it had brand new tires but needed tuning really bad, the guy had pulled the baffles out for more sound and had killed the power, you couldn't pull off from a stop unless the RPM's were around 2500 rpm's..I bought new S1L2 pipes off ebay and a PCV/auto tune AT-300 and it runs great now...best bike I've ever owned.
You'll find all the information about Victory motorcycles on these forums, just ask questions someone will help you out! Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
The best difference between my 09 Kingpin and my 13XCT is the transmission. Much improved. The extra 6 ci is a plus but not nessasary. It's about the money and what YOU like better. Both my Victorys are great bikes so choose what you want.cheers

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Nothing wrong with going Used.. Some of my Better Rides were bought Used .. But would check the Incentives Victory is giving on their New Leftover Models before Taking the Plunge ..

·
Registered
545 Posts
Due to recent events, I am looking to sell my 2011 Vision Premium ABS... it came with all the available factory options and I have added D&D slip-ons, a Utopia Backrest, and extra mirrors. It has 14,500 miles and runs great... serviced regularly. Asking $16,500... plain jane 2011 Visions at dealers are selling at $15,999 and have no add ons.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Ghost, I bought my first Vic used, which was an 06 Hammer with drag pipes and lots of chrome and only 8k miles. I gave $7200 for it and rode the daylights out of it till my back (4th back surgery) made me go with something more comfortable. I traded it in on a 2012 (left over) Vision Tour. I just love these bikes. You won't go wrong with either. The engines are basically bulletproof. My brother has a V92 a 2001 bagger and has about 50k on it without doing anything but regular maintenance and he wouldn't hesitate to hop on it and head cross country. I agree with a previous post that you should check out the dealers for year old "new" models. They want to sell them REAL bad.
Either way, good luck, and ride safe!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Give Tim & Dave At Coastal Victory in Murrells Inlet, SC a call. (843)651-9799. They just took a '13 Ness Vision Tour in on trade. Its a low number bike & has less than 3500 miles on it. previous owner said it was too much bike for him. I'm not sure what they're asking for it, but it wont last long. our October bike week is coming up, you could come on down & pick it up! thumb up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks for the replies fellas. Your comments were very helpful. I went to look at one used Vision, but they sold it before I got a chance to see it. Found another one, but have not had the time to go see it. I have inquired about the deals they have til the end of the month. So far, the new ones are about 20,000 OTD with the 5 year warranty. I'll be making a decision and pulling the trigger soon.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
good deals

theres been an 08 jackpot premium for sale in my local paper 4600 miles $9500 but i wanted a hammer + got lucky a 13 was traded at a harley dealer as he could not tolerate the ride had 8xx miles traded my 06 sporty with lots of upgrades about $5000 out the door, i was smiling all the way home!!! the more i ride it the more i like it!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theres been an 08 jackpot premium for sale in my local paper 4600 miles $9500 but i wanted a hammer + got lucky a 13 was traded at a harley dealer as he could not tolerate the ride had 8xx miles traded my 06 sporty with lots of upgrades about $5000 out the door, i was smiling all the way home!!! the more i ride it the more i like it!!!![/QUOTE

Thanks. I'm pretty much set on the Vision though

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I may be selling my 2013 Vision, sunset red, 2000 miles

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm currently looking for my first Victory. I've been looking for deals on new 2013 Vision models. But, recently I have come across a few used 08's, One had 9,000 miles (which was sold), and the other has 12,000 miles on it. Would you guys recommend purchasing used instead of new? Are there any differences between the 08 and 13? Thanks for any responses.
id recommend whatever works for you, used you normally have higher interest rates and no warranty but the total amount is lower. so if there are problems down the line and your not too handy you could eventually end up paying for it later. new usually has warranties and lower interest rates so you will pay more up front but you also have a less likely chance of something going bad, i have a 12 CC and the only issue was the sensor in the pull side throttle cable for cruise went bad after 4000 miles but it was covered under warrenty

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to look at the 08' today. It has about 12,200 miles on it. I got approved with a 2.99% interest rate. Any mods to recommend? I'm thinking air filter, fuel processor, pipes, handlebars, and speakers. I like a nice sounding pipe. Not too loud, but loud enough to hear.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Make SURE you look at what the cost differnece is going to be on interest between new (as in a 2012/13) and used. You might be surprised. I mustered up a GREAT deal on a new 2011 last year, with the rebates and low interest making it in the end too good a deal to pass up. Good hunting!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm going to look at the 08' today. It has about 12,200 miles on it. I got approved with a 2.99% interest rate. Any mods to recommend? I'm thinking air filter, fuel processor, pipes, handlebars, and speakers. I like a nice sounding pipe. Not too loud, but loud enough to hear.
I put the d&d with the wrapped baffle on my xc and I can still hear the iPod at 80mph

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Make SURE you look at what the cost differnece is going to be on interest between new (as in a 2012/13) and used. You might be surprised. I mustered up a GREAT deal on a new 2011 last year, with the rebates and low interest making it in the end too good a deal to pass up. Good hunting!
I was looking for a 12' or 11' leftover with a 400 miles search area. But, there weren't many or any available (without having to pay shipping). I looked at the 08' because of the mileage, cost, and insurance cost difference. I priced about 3 new 13's. They were all about 19,500 to 20,000 otd with current incentives. The interest rate was a surprise, because it's a used bike (thank God for good credit). And it leaves more money for MODSthumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Your right there. I was exact same boat until..... I expanded my search to 1000 miles and found my 2011 las sep (2 actually, I had a choice), got the price down to 16500, 4.9 interest and 5yr power train with 500 accy. I think tax and all was 17,200. My airline tickle was 149 and got the breakin done on the 850 mile ride home. I didn't expect to get that deal and it sounds like your doing the correct research. If you can find a used 10 or better you may like the changes on the tranny and the HiD cyclops light. Cycle trader has done me right on last 2 bikes getting great deals Good luck and keep us posted.

Tim

·
Registered
586 Posts
New vs used? Depends on pricing. I bought my Kingpin Tour new at a price that is being asked for used ones 5 yrs later. Two year warranty was helpful, but repairs would not have broke the budget. The 2.49% financing is sweet. On the other hand, there are some beautiful used bikes out there that I would buy in a heartbeat. Cycletrader is good for finding dealership bikes. Craigslist is the best source for private party bikes. Good deals do move fast. Local dealer sold an '09 Vision in a week after Craigslisting. It had sat all summer. Visions are nice, but handling on Kingpins and Cross Roads is more fluid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts