Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used cross roads in oklahoma. I live in south carolina. I flew out Friday night and rode home Saturday, arriving home 1155 miles and 21 hours later. Its a comfortable bike, although I need to change the handle bars-evidently they were designed for someone who is disfigured. I do think Victory could have done a better job on locating the fuel filler, never had a bike this hard to fill (and I've owned a LOT). I will be posting a pic soon, as I need help identifying the fairing on it (has speaker locations, but no radio location). I've already changed the seat and added a trunk and passenger floorboards, so I might be selling the removable backrest/rack and stock seat soon, not sure. I love this engine, though, so much more grunt than the 88ci I had in my road glide. And the 6 speed. Yeah, I know, I wanted a cross country bu there's a big difference between $8500 and $22k. Looking forward to the help and information these kind of forums offer
g 2011 XR

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike ... Ride safe ... And post pictures of your add-on and progress ...
Super cool you did a road trip on a new bike, ha ha ha

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Welcome to the forum sir and congratulations on the purchase! Post once more and then you can post pictures.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Very cool. Buy a bike...ride it 1,100 miles. That's the way to do it!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! I almost went with the XR, but I'm a firm believer that, if you settle for less, you'll spend more money later to get what you really want. So I saved for a down payment, sold my previous bike and searched for MONTHS, almost a year and a half, to find the best deal within 500 miles of me for a low milage XC.

BTW, 2 posts and you can post pictures.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! I almost went with the XR, but I'm a firm believer that, if you settle for less, you'll spend more money later to get what you really want. So I saved for a down payment, sold my previous bike and searched for MONTHS, almost a year and a half, to find the best deal within 500 miles of me for a low milage XC.

BTW, 2 posts and you can post pictures.
Rut Row.... :eek

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Goodonya mate!...Rode my used 2010 Vegas home from Melbourne via Eden then up the coast road to the Gold Coast, Australia.
Total 1191 miles, though I made it into a 3 day roadtrip.
Fell in love at first sight and in lust with the power by Eden.
The romance continues:devil

·
Registered
346 Posts
You completed an IBA ride on day one ... bravo~!

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Been riding 64 years and have had lots of bikes, but the XR is the most user friendly I have owned, in terms of comfort, handling and ease of working on. Bought it new in Feb. 2010 and have had no problems other than the rocker shaft for the rear suspension, but I love challenges and came up with a design superior toMa Vic's. You commented about the handlebars, but did not provide any info as to why they're uncomfortable. Grips too high or too low? Loosen the two bolts under the HB clamp and you can raise/lower the grips. A 10mm wrench does the trick. I had my seat altered by a customizer and he moved me an inch closer. That made for a great improvement. Oh, and welcome to the wonderful world of Victory and "our" forum from the Pacific Northwet.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the rather exclusive XR club. We're pretty rare breed. I thought i did pretty good on my first week with 500 miles or so, but man, nice job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts