Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I picked up a '99 V92C Saturday. In fact, it says it's the 270th made on the handlebar clamp. I thought it was pretty cool, but not too sure it adds any extra value to the bike. This will be the first American twin I've owned. I've worked on a few of them, but never owned one. I must say, it's a very different ride for me as I'm used to Sport, Sport Touring, older in-line 4s, and enduro/dual sports, of all sizes. I had a KZ1000 Police Special with floor-boards, but even that's quite a bit different when compared to the larger v-twins. I like the V92 quite a bit, but I'm taking it slow because it's a very different style of riding, to be sure.

Over all, the bike is in pretty good shape. I haven't pulled the pulley cover to see if it's been upgraded. It's my understanding that they look different. I may have to upgrade that at some point, but since it's got about 20,000 miles, and I'm not going anywhere near 4K rpm, I'm guessing I have some time before it becomes necessary.

There is one thing I could use help with. I pulled the rear brake pedal off to weld a bit more to the bottom of it (to lower the pedal height), and found that the bushings were shot. I've done some searching on the web and these forums and can't find out how to determine what model the bike is, with regard to parts ordering. The sticker says "MCVT1500D-01 99". The VIN says CB15D, so I've got that far, but when ordering parts they ask if it's DA, DAZ, DB, DBZ, ect, ect, ect. If I had to guess, it's a DA since it's the 270th, but I can't find any A's or AZ's anywhere in the VIN or Model. I'd like to be a bit more sure I'm getting the right parts.

Thanks in advance, for the help. Since I don't plan to get rid of the machine anytime soon, Looks like I'll be around for a while.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enter your VIN here & you'll get the info on your bike.
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Search-VIN.aspx
I have #1777 & it's a BZ
EXCELLENT! Thanks, man. That helps a lot. Looks like I have a V99CB15DA, but I find it interesting that I couldn't find some kind of code on the frame. I suppose there could be a code, now that I think about it.

It also mentioned that I should contact my local dealer to change the name associated with the VIN. Since this is the only big twin I have (I don't need two of them) and I plan to keep it for the foreseeable future, that may be a good idea, too.

I guess I should get to ordering the parts.

Thanks, again.

·
13,180 Posts
Go to the Vic's web page and sign up and at the bottom there is owners book a long with parts catalog.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to the Vic's web page and sign up and at the bottom there is owners book a long with parts catalog.
Yup. Fount the "Parts Manual" a few days ago. The only Owners Manual I've found has 2000 on it. However, I've skimmed over the whole document and found it's applicable to my bike too. I've gotta wonder what they gave out in '99. :D

The bigger question for me right now is who to order parts from. As an example, which of the places I've found online, on the west coast, is likely to have, in stock, the nylon bushings that go in the brake pedal? N.Y.C and Victory Parts R Us have very nice parts ordering pages. You can just add anything to your shopping cart... But when will you get it? A phone call will answer the question, but, generally, is there a few online that have a bigger stock of parts and ship fairly quickly to the west coast?

Anytime you get a new vehicle, there's so much to learn. cheers :cool: :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts