Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Gunner yesterday and took it out for a spin today. I was wondering about petcock/reserve switch? On my shadow I always made it a habit of turning it to main tank before taking off. Its the first thing i looked for but couldn't find. The dealer ship forgot to give me the owners manual so its in the mail so I couldnt turn to that for a quick answer so I am here.

Im guessing it doesn't have one but wanted to be sure. Nothing worse then running out of gas. You really notice the weight and quietness of your bike.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
262 Posts
When the low fuel light comes on. You have about 1 gallon left. There is no petcock. I always reset my trip A odometer when I fill up. That way I know how far I've gone on the tank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply guys

Yeah i had to keep track of my miles with the trip meter on the shadow in between fill ups so I plan on doing the same with the gunner.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome to the 21st Century and the Wonderful World of Victory jbomb. I had the same problem going from a 1992 Yammie to a 2010 Vic. Now I just smile.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Jbomb welcome to the forum, enjoy the ride and read ....

·
Registered
632 Posts
When the low light comes on , Get gas. Treat it as you did when you had a bike with a petcock, Then you won't run out of gas.. thumb upthumb up

·
12,968 Posts
make sure your dealer gives you your book. It will help.
Download the app pure gas so you can find station that have pure gas

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Just a few years ago, 2007 blue shadow was my first bike.

I got it home and riding in my local area. Suddenly it quit. Pulled off to the side wondering what went wrong. Remembered looking over the manual before buying it and seeing the switch. I found it, it fired up, and went on my way.

Congrats on the gunner!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just wondering? has anyone when they had a petcock, Turned it on reserve then when they got gas forgot to turn it back to the main tank...OUCH!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts