Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my daughter is mad and my son thinks I am having a midlife crisis, but my wife and I are loving it! Brought a new Hammer 8 Ball on Saturday!

Was worried about my size (6'5") and my wife riding 2up but riding around town the forward controls feel more like mid controls with my long legs and my wife is hanging on! I sat on a S and I felt more cramped?! I guess with extensions I would have to go way out there. The Judge was too much toward me.

2012 Hammer 8 Ball
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Tell the kids that it was your job to keep them from doing stupid $hit and their only job now is to make sure you get placed in a nice retirement home!

Welcome to the Victory Forums, congrats on the bike, have fun, and ride safe!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ammo! Did I mention my mom and dad? They are thinking maybe I still am doing some stupid $hit! I will tell them about the nice retirement home!:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats! I picked up the same bike this spring as well. :)

Ride safe and pics of the family around the bike would be nice. Might make them like it a little more if you include them. I know it worked with my mom when I bought my first sport bike. lol Now she LOVES the fact I am on a cruiser.

Ride safe. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've been in midlife crisis since 2001, so I know what you mean. :D Congratulations and welcome to the Forums.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I just got mine at 57. Had a Vrod a couple of years ago. Like the Victory better. Good news is if this is midlife I'm living to 114

·
Registered
121 Posts
My two babies!

2012 Hammer 8 Ball
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App
Diggin' the bike and what looks to be a 50s shoebox in that port/garage? My father hada 57 4-door 210 series that he got rid of a few years ago.

Oh, and the daughter looks pretty good too! Why the hell do I live in PA? Most of the girls around here suffer from that "hughbone" syndrome. They have a huge bone in their ass thats about a meter wide.

Great looking bike but you would say I am partial. :)

Not sure how your inspection sticker has to be mounted but you can get a flat mount for your 8-Ball that mounts to the front fender on the side of the brake caliper. It bends the one fender mount slightly and looks very good and you dont have a sticker stuck to your fork. cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
One other thing. If you like to keep track of your revs while riding get the tach that is the same size as the speedo. It comes with the mounting bracket to house both the speedo and the tach and its around $200 retail (sure you can get it cheaper though where you got the bike). The tach function works "ok" on the speedo but th thing is it cant keep up and its hard to reed quickly while going up through the gears. I think it gives it a cool look as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts