Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Nice primer job--when you gonna paint it? :)

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I've been talking with folks about this trend toward using matte clear instead of shiny glass looking clear.

My takeaway is the younger folks tend to like the matte look and the older folks like the shiny look.

I think it looks good either way as long as it's done right.

The OP's bike looks good in that rat rod kind of way. A lot of work can go into making something look like that and hold up well.

The cool thing is if someone wants a change after a few years they can simply repaint or they can be really slick and use a plastic wrap paint of lots of colors and just peel it off when ready.

Is this a plastic wrap paint job?

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
What BBob said but I'll add I'm aged a bit but like the flat paint.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Dangnabbit Bbob, who're calling old sonny?

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Now I need to head for the garage and lay another coat of Yellow 26 on my bike. See what you caused?

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Now I need to head for the garage and lay another coat of Yellow 26 on my bike. See what you caused?
Hahaha... ah well... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do I suppose. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it's not plastidip. Shot in a booth. I painted it myself that's why I'm kinda showing off. And no it's not rattle canned. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
You know what happens to yellow victory's around here they end up with brutal powered 116" engines in them.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
It's sold by the quart and gallon too under different names. Plastidip and plastiwrap are two of them. Then there's the vinyl wrap for cars.
I Think plasti-Kote is another.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Is that Masonite siding on your house ?:nerd

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep that's Masonite. Just moved in to that house so yes my garage is a little full and haven't had time to organize yet.. But thanks anyways

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just messin' with ya , I have Masonite siding too . Welcome to the Forum Brother .

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey thanks Lil. There is tons of useful info on this forum. From your profile pic you have a beautiful xc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts