Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
You know what happens to yellow victory's around here they end up with brutal powered 116" engines in them.
Yellow 26 is a Meguire wax. And a very good one.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey crookedP , are those the Victory apes you got there ?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Those look wicked good , do you like the riding position with them ? Did it feel strange when you went to them from stock ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Oh thanks man. It definitely felt strange at first, but you get used to it real quick. When I go on longer trips, I tilt them back a little bit, about an inch and a half and put my taller windshield on. When I'm riding around town I push them all the way forward for the more aggressive look.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I saw a brand new Magnum with these same apes at a dealer yesterday. But maybe they were Ness bars on it.

Supposedly the Vic apes are 14" and the Ness ones are 16"... The reasoning is the 16" will require different cables and the 14" uses stock cables. Yours are most definitely the Ness ones.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Also the Vic apes will be legal in most states where the 16" Ness might not be... Up here in Alberta the rule is your hands can't be above your shoulders in riding position.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mine are most definitely Ness bars. Cause I bought them. lol
But that does make sense. I would guess that the bike I saw yesterday was a Ness Magnum I just didn't look that close. Touché my friend

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Mine are most definitely Ness bars. Cause I bought them. lol
But that does make sense. I would guess that the bike I saw yesterday was a Ness Magnum I just didn't look that close. Touché my friend

Did you have to lengthen any cables? I tried to buy some Vic apes 2 years ago when I bought my XC... They where back ordered 6 months or something stupid. I ended up with Vic Baggers apes. They are comfortable but look hideous.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah I did. I just bought cables from Ness to go with the bars. It ended up to be a little more Spendy then I wanted

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well they do look great! They are almost necessary if your a bigger guy.
Thanks man.. Funny thing is I'm not a big guy. 5'11" 180. I just like the look.
Like I said in a previous post I pull them back a little when I go on longer rides. I went on 5 day 2000mile ride last summer and I wasn't uncomfortable at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm more of a shiny paint kinda guy but the flat black looks good on that bike. Still looks like a factory paint job if that's what you were going for.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts