Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

New paint job

7K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  Vic2012 
#1 ·
Worthy of bike of the month?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice primer job--when you gonna paint it? :)

Reactions: Marius
#6 ·
I've been talking with folks about this trend toward using matte clear instead of shiny glass looking clear.

My takeaway is the younger folks tend to like the matte look and the older folks like the shiny look.

I think it looks good either way as long as it's done right.

The OP's bike looks good in that rat rod kind of way. A lot of work can go into making something look like that and hold up well.

The cool thing is if someone wants a change after a few years they can simply repaint or they can be really slick and use a plastic wrap paint of lots of colors and just peel it off when ready.

Is this a plastic wrap paint job?

#8 ·
Dangnabbit Bbob, who're calling old sonny?

#10 ·
Now I need to head for the garage and lay another coat of Yellow 26 on my bike. See what you caused?

#26 ·
Those look wicked good , do you like the riding position with them ? Did it feel strange when you went to them from stock ?

#28 ·
Oh thanks man. It definitely felt strange at first, but you get used to it real quick. When I go on longer trips, I tilt them back a little bit, about an inch and a half and put my taller windshield on. When I'm riding around town I push them all the way forward for the more aggressive look.

#36 ·
Thanks man.. Funny thing is I'm not a big guy. 5'11" 180. I just like the look.
Like I said in a previous post I pull them back a little when I go on longer rides. I went on 5 day 2000mile ride last summer and I wasn't uncomfortable at all.

#37 ·
I'm more of a shiny paint kinda guy but the flat black looks good on that bike. Still looks like a factory paint job if that's what you were going for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.