Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally some new parts for the vic are starting to show up!! Been too cold to really put alot of time on doing the installs and mods, but here's the first couple steps. New tail light, new mirrors. I've sent the head light housing out for black powder coat, and it will keep the chrome trim ring. Blinkers are on back order, but it should all come together nicely. I'm thinking of installing the rear blinkers right to the new tail light, but haven't decided yet.

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that's a v92c. The standard cruiser. I'm pretty sure they stopped making them in 2004 (give or take a year). Everything that I've ordered so far has been through JP cycles, I'm really happy with the mirrors.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like that tail light. Are the signals (ones on backorder) for the front or rear? Can you post pics of rear signals when they are installed, please?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup, they're for the tail. I drilled the tail light bucket and mounted them right to the housing. I like the look, and so far I've turned alot of heads. So all in all, new grips, powder coat on the headlight bucket, new front signals, rear signals, tail light. The fork lowers, handlebar, fender trim and the rims were already done. I'll probably do the triple tree clamps after the season. I'm glad to be done wrenching... time to ride it for a while.

1nolis.jpg

2nolis.jpg

4.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks great, man! Is that the Kuryakyn tombstone tail light? What tires are those, and are they mounted on stock wheels?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not kuryaken, I'm not actually sure who makes it. I bought it from j&p cycles, and it's in their packaging. The signals in the rear are laser star halogens, and in the front the auto gem baby bullets. The tires say Shinko.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I looked at their website for awhile last night. I saw 3 or 4 tail lights like that, but it was hard to tell which one you got.
What's next on the list?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not kuryaken, I'm not actually sure who makes it. I bought it from j&p cycles, and it's in their packaging. The signals in the rear are laser star halogens, and in the front the auto gem baby bullets. The tires say Shinko.[/

Your parts look sweet were they hard to find jps is so huge

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some stuff was easy... like the windshield I got now, but some things not. I bought a set of grips that were listed under v92, but they weren't even close. I returned them and got the comfort grips locally. I have also since bought a sissy bar/luggage rack combo that mounts right to my fender rails... so its a lot easier to go from solo to two up. Got them powder coated too, so it kind of her with the theme. The tail light I think is for a Harley fender, but the curve looked proper so I gambled, and the blinkers are universal. I drilled the new tail light and mounted the rear blinkers straight to the housing, and made my own stand off brackets for the front. I constantly watch eBay for more stuff... the good thing is I'm powder coating everything, so i can bid on the scratched up stuff!

·
13,235 Posts
cornfedboy2000
If you look in a drag specialties catalog you will see they make a peace to give you more of a laydown look for license plate

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll take a look... although it's pretty much already laid over from me dropping the fender lol. I'm gonna take some more pics later on, but I think I'm done wrenching for a while

1 - 14 of 14 Posts