Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I've been riding for a while now owned a few harleys. Lately I've been thinking about getting a bagger and after doing a demo event with victory I must say I'm quite impressed with the cross country. It may not have the aftermarket support as the street glide but the XC looks much nicer straight off the floor. I don't have the harley blinders like many people so I joined here to collect info before making any decisions and look forward to all the info

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your interest in Victory!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Come from the HD Stable myself and after having my Cross Country almost 2 years and 36,000+ Miles am quite pleased with the Switch .. Bone Stock the XC had my power than my Full Stage 2 Ultra did after spending 5K extra trying to get more power .. After spending 2K on the Cross Country in Power Mods now quite happy since broke well into the 100 HP Zone ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gator joe thanks that's reassuring to see the 106 is responsive to mods. I'm trying to decide which cross I want. For some reason they are they only victory that speak to me. The toss up is which. Do I go with tthe bare bones cross country and save some coin. Or the new magnum which looks to have a lot of mods I would do to the bike anyway with bigger wheel and apes but the paint is a little over the top. Or for the same price snagging a XC tour and get the trunk heated items and lower fairings. Decisions decisions

·
Registered
60 Posts
Right now is the time to buy! 0 percent interest for 5 years!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i saw that. hard part is convincing the little woman its a good idea, esp after all the powder coating and paint i just did on my harley thats a year old lol

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
i saw that. hard part is convincing the little woman its a good idea, esp after all the powder coating and paint i just did on my harley thats a year old lol
Sell it , I heard HD's are actually worth more when you leave the dealer .;):D Welcome to the forum brother !cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha. irony is my buddy was a salesman at the loca harley shop diehard harley guy owns a 2013 road glde now works at the victory/honda/kawasaki/yamaha dealer. asked him his thoughts and he said he was shocked at the quality and smoothness of the victory baggers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sell the HD and step up to a Victory , then maybe you will stop crying , Mr. Joker . :D:rolleyes::)

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Ouch lol :ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just messin' with ya !:ltr:cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey Broggs , your new avatar looks more like you , then you do ...:p

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Gator joe thanks that's reassuring to see the 106 is responsive to mods. I'm trying to decide which cross I want. For some reason they are they only victory that speak to me. The toss up is which. Do I go with tthe bare bones cross country and save some coin. Or the new magnum which looks to have a lot of mods I would do to the bike anyway with bigger wheel and apes but the paint is a little over the top. Or for the same price snagging a XC tour and get the trunk heated items and lower fairings. Decisions decisions
Tough Call and the Decision has to be yours .. Myself would vote the XC Tour for all the extra goodies get to go with it is a big savings in money than trying to add them .. The Trunk and Lowers alone cost more than getting the XC Tour to begin with .. And get far more options than that with the Tour ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol its all good I've got thick skin and like to pick at people something a good bit. I am still a fan of harley don't get me wrong and love my current bike but it's hard to deny the value of the cross country bikes and the fact it seems they last forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts