Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st of my two "mandatory" posts, I'm looking into getting a victory octane. Looking for advice on whether I should buy or not due to Polaris dumping the brand.

ALSO

Had some questions on parts.

If I get an octane, would Indian scout parts be compatible?

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
1st of my two "mandatory" posts, I'm looking into getting a victory octane. Looking for advice on whether I should buy or not due to Polaris dumping the brand.

ALSO

Had some questions on parts.

If I get an octane, would Indian scout parts be compatible?
The new bike prices are plunging it's a buyers market so yea go for it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The new bike prices are plunging it's a buyers market so yea go for it.
I called my local dealer Mom's South , their prices remain the same as before the debacle .

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I called my local dealer Mom's South , their prices remain the same as before the debacle .
Give 'em time. They ain't gonna sell at their normal prices, and they ain't gonna want to hold onto them forever. Market forces, and all that... ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give 'em time. They ain't gonna sell at their normal prices, and they ain't gonna want to hold onto them forever. Market forces, and all that... ;)
My dealer told me a month ago the bike was 10.5k, no budging.

Yesterday the Victory Octane was 9.5k, probably wont go down further for a while but I'm still happy with a grand in my pocket.

Their electric bike price was cut in HALF!!

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Here they're $9999.00

·
Registered
374 Posts
Prices seem very spotty, I looked at Cycle Trader and all the local ones haven't changed their prices but further away I saw some really sweet deals. I'd say shop around, worst case you trailer it home or pay for shipping.
There are some deals out there

·
Registered
374 Posts
Example- New 1 mile on it
2017 Cross Country $15999 Carol Stream IL

·
Registered
374 Posts
My dealer told me a month ago the bike was 10.5k, no budging.

Yesterday the Victory Octane was 9.5k, probably wont go down further for a while but I'm still happy with a grand in my pocket.

Their electric bike price was cut in HALF!!
Where you located?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I say go for it. I know the Harley V-rod is the direct competitor to the Octane so if you don't mind price difference, throw a leg over the Vrod. But prices on the Octane will drop. Victory will continue to make parts for 10 years plus honor warranties. I'm kind of kicking myself now since I bought my Highball last year in February. I only paid $11,750 but still... But I guess this was unforeseeable.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Victory has often sucked on getting people replacement parts when they were trying to entice people to buy their bikes, which of course is no longer the case. If they will throw in a complete spare bike for parts go for it, otherwise buy a scout as it is essentially the same bike.

Parts being available for 10 yrs and parts being available in a timely matter for 10yrs are very different things. I don't think there is anything you can do if it takes them 12 months to come up with a new regulator or fuel pump as long as they keep back ordering it. I could be wrong. I think you are setting yourself up for a lot of regrets if you buy it and once you own it you will immediately be upside down on it as it's value falls because of it's orphan status.

Hope I am not giving you bad advice but my crystal ball is off line at the moment. It's new and has an extended warranty but the dealer have been awaiting parts for it since last Sept. You guessed it it is made by Polaris.

I should have gotten the Indian model but it was butt ugly and based on a antique looking glass.
Vics are wonderful bikes but were not really popular. It is hard to guess what the market for them will do at this point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
don't do it.

It will be worthless in 2 years. Don't buy the scout either. They might pull out of motorcycles completely. Don't trust polaris. I would buy a bolt or buy anything not polaris. Screw polaris.did I say I am angry towards polaris? I will buy a harley, honda, yamaha, kawi, even a ural before another polaris. Run away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Part of my thoughts. Sitting on a Stateline that I may trade for an Octane or Scout and have 3 plus months to think aboot it due to snow and such

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just buy it , they are Great Bikes .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts