Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of years of admiring, I picked one up last night. Traded a Nomad for it. Getting close to 500 miles, so heading out to find oil. I will be digging around here looking for the must do's for this ride.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats on your new XC!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congratulations. I'm in the process of negotiating for my first Vic - a Cross Roads. Such a bittersweet time. I'm not looking to rake the dealer over the coals, I just don't want to feel like I've been taken advantage of.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations. I'm in the process of negotiating for my first Vic - a Cross Roads. Such a bittersweet time. I'm not looking to rake the dealer over the coals, I just don't want to feel like I've been taken advantage of.
I hated the process, but wound up being not as bad as I thought. I just had to go 259 miles to get the deal and I really didn't want to ride the old bike back home. It was easy once I got there, only negotiated a few things.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
This dealer's only 80 miles away, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

If you'd like to get another OTD price on a XR, I recommend you go see Bill at Advanced Automotive in Griswold. It's about the same distance. I priced out three different shops when I was searching. Bill and his daughter Jess are great people and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to earn your business. Best of luck with your purchase. cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be sure to give them a call tomorrow. Not sure what they have in stock, their website only shows the boiler plate advertisements for new models (the dealer a few miles from home does the same thing). Do dealers still do the discount for cash thing? It's not as easy to find good rates for bikes. My credit union is offering 12%! I see Victory's offering 3.99% for 36 months, which isn't horrible, just not as good as a new car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts