Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just a 2013 victory cross country tour. This is my second bike, before this I had a ninja 300. I really didn't like the sport bike culture of fast and stupid so I went with comfortable but still powerful. I'm pretty young to have a tour bike so I look forward to learning from you guys this summer!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey I just a 2013 victory cross country tour. This is my second bike, before this I had a ninja 300. I really didn't like the sport bike culture of fast and stupid so I went with comfortable but still powerful. I'm pretty young to have a tour bike so I look forward to learning from you guys this summer!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Welcome Aboard ! Cant go wrong with a CCT !cheers

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Congrats on your XCT and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Welcome and Congrats from CT! You chose well. The Vic handles very well, even with the tour trunk. Take that tour trunk off and look out, she'll move out and stick in the corners wicked good. :D

I came off a Ninja 650R in 2011 when I bought my XC. Never owned a street bike over 450 pounds but, these XC bikes are so well balanced I need to remind myself this is a 800+ pound touring bike.

cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. Hooked up with the Twin City Victory Riders group last weekend. These bigger tourers are still plenty fast in the twisties. Have fun with your new ride. My wife got a new lesson in curves when riding with the TCVR group. I normally ride a bit more conservatively.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
IMO you are never too young to appreciate a good touring bike. If all you want is exciting short runs a sport bike sort of makes sense but if you really want to run up the miles those things will ruin your day. When you get off and have trouble walking you will either have 75 miles on a crotch rocket or 750+ miles on a CCT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts