Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just picked up my first bike yesterday and wanted to say hey. I got a 2013 Vegas 8-Ball.

Growing up I was always told to stay away from motorcycles and I did. Then one day a couple months ago I got "the itch". I spent a week trying to figure out why I wanted a bike after 33 years but it proved to be a waste of time since I still have not figured it out.

I started going around to all of the dealers to look at bikes and decide what I wanted. Naturally I started at HD since that was the only real brand I knew about. Their bikes were nice but pretty expensive and seemed to be lacking some engineering technology that most other manufacturers were using these days not to mention the prices, they are proud of their brand lol. I am a big guy 6'4" 280 so I needed something that didn't make me look like a gorilla riding a squirrel, I narrowed my choices to the Yamaha M109R Boulevard and the Vegas 8-Ball.

I ended up with the 8-Ball mostly because I liked the color layout and I did not like a couple things about the Boulevard. (Look of the gas tank and the front faring). I brought the 8 ball home last night and took it for a quick spin around the block, needless to say I am hooked and excited to see where this journey takes me.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Victory Forum! If you haven't already done so please get signed up for a MSF class and search YouTube for some ride like a pro videos to practice with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the forum. The riders safety course is the next thing you should look at doing. After that get to know your bike by practicing on it in an empty parking lot, learning how it reacts to how you act might just save your life one day. Even though I have been riding since I was 12 (street since 1988) the day I got my HighBall, I took it through the kroger parking lot by some of the side shops in the strip mall and practiced turning it around and such (mini apes were a huge change for me).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the family.
Look on FB for bluescityvr for other victory riders in Mem and surrounding area.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I am going to repeat advice from another member. Go take the basic riding skills course. In most states it is offered in coordination with the state driver licensing authority at a reasonable cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts