Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I thought this bike was going to be a Victory.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Surprize!!!

pretty good lookin scout especially at that price, should kill sportster sales if its problem free. less weight + good HP, a rever for sure. time will tell how it feels + handles but specs look promising, a real surprize for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Ya know... the more I look at this bike the more I like it. It's probably a good thing I can't afford one right now because I don't like buying the first year of any vehicle. I might just have to make the 2 hour ride up to Las Vegas to give one a spin when they come in though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I REALLY expected to see the water cooled motor go on a Vic.....not in the Indian line.

In my opinion....nobody wanting an Indian is going to take a second look at it......it doesnt fit in with the rest of the line and image.

.....should have been air cooled. Should have reigned in the styling a bit more.

That bike should have been a Victory......it dont belong under the Indian badge.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The Indian web page says it only has a 3.3 gallon tank ??????? I hope that's a type-o !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I think it is a very cool looking bike but agree that it would have fit better under the Victory name plate. Maybe a sign of things to come for Victory down the road.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Well the debate is settled regarding using the 111 TS or slapping a smaller engine in it. Looks like the smaller engine won. So far I'm unimpressed with Indian.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Polaris doesn't push the Victory line like they do with Indian.
The Indian name is out there all the time, Just look at the tie in with American pickers, Notice how there into finding old Indian rusted parts, They even rebuilt one and had a whole show about selling it to Indian/Polaris.. So a newbie looking for a first/starter bike, Won't know Victory... But with all the Promoting Polaris does for Indian they'll know Indian...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
dealers

dealers are another issue for sure, vic dealers are a bit scarce depending where you live, indian dealers are more rare, although i seldom go to any dealer + do my own work whenever possible. it would be good if all vic dealers sold indians as well, same parent company!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
dealers are another issue for sure, vic dealers are a bit scarce depending where you live, indian dealers are more rare, although i seldom go to any dealer + do my own work whenever possible. it would be good if all vic dealers sold indians as well, same parent company!!
It would be good ''BUT'' In order to sell Indians Polaris wants you have a separate showroom for the Indians..$$$$$

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I REALLY expected to see the water cooled motor go on a Vic.....not in the Indian line.

In my opinion....nobody wanting an Indian is going to take a second look at it......it doesnt fit in with the rest of the line and image.

.....should have been air cooled. Should have reigned in the styling a bit more.

That bike should have been a Victory......it dont belong under the Indian badge.
I totally agree here, no Indian DNA to be found on this mount, how could Polaris get it right on the Chief and totally miss the POWWOW on the Scout ?????

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
water-cooled or air-cooled sorry to ask but i like to see them beat a V-max or something like that ???

Ps do not think i do not love my VIC ????

·
Registered
193 Posts
It would be good ''BUT'' In order to sell Indians Polaris wants you have a separate showroom for the Indians..$$$$$
I had heard that they need to be separate, but we just had one open here in Houston and they sell Indian, Victory and Honda all in the same showroom.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had heard that they need to be separate, but we just had one open here in Houston and they sell Indian, Victory and Honda all in the same showroom.
They may be in the same building with the same dealer. It is my understanding they have to be in a room all to themselves. Is that not the case?

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
What's with the unfinished looking heads, especially on the right side? 'Tain't purty. Betcha there's going to be an accessory cover for those holes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
They may be in the same building with the same dealer. It is my understanding they have to be in a room all to themselves. Is that not the case?
No physical separation in the showroom. Although the Indian bikes are are an area of laminate wood floors as opposed to the tile/carpet in the rest of the showroom.

There are waist high accessory displays around the Indian area, semi enclosing it and they have an entire wall dedicated to them, however I can stand in the middle of the Indian display and see the entire showroom selling the other brands. No walls or doors causing separation.

Maybe Polaris had to concede the "separate dealership" scenario in order to get into the prime locations/markets that they wanted to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts