Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I changed over to the one piece touring seat from Victory with the taller backrest built into the passenger seat. Install was easy for all but the very back bolt. That one literally had to be threaded in by my fingers the whole way since there isn't enough clearance for any allen keys. All told it does change the look of the bike a bit, which kind of sucks but it's not bad really. The wife to be is happy now that she's got something to lean on and a better cushion for her ass. I was surprised at how much better my part of the seat was over stock also as I had no complaints about the stock seat initially. I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Cool! Looking forward to the Pics. thumb up

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about not posting pics yet, been hectic at work, I'll snap a pic tonight when I leave work. As for the allen key...I've tried nearly everything, there just is literally not enough clearance to fit even the small 90 degree ones in there. Hand tight it's held up to a week so far without coming loose but I would like to give it a good twist to make sure it stays put.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine came loose after being hand tight... they make an allen key with a ball on the end that allows you to use it at an angle..it will work.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ted. Guess I'll be going to look for that at the tool store this weekend.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heck, I just stopped at the Victory dealer in my area and the mechanic came out and tightened it, I didnt have that allen wrench either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts