Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beat to death (although not nearly as bad as oil) but I need a new seat. I am 6'3" 250 lbs and my bony backside bottoms out the factory tour seat so much that I cannot ride for more than 45 min before I have a numb sack and a painful backside. I have an Airhawk pad that makes a huge difference but it is just a pain to mess with all the time and since I have the scratch right now I figured I would go forward. I contacted a guy in Florida that makes really nice custom seats but $1G and no warranty concerns me. In any case I have been looking at either the Corbin Dual tour or the Ultimate. I feel the Corbin actually looks better but I am more concerned about comfort. I respect everyone's opinion here so do any of you have any input on either seat/saddle?

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
I'll add that no matter how comfy a seat may be; the summer heat can make it burn too. I like the beadrider's for that. I put it on during the summer months then take it off the rest of the year unless I'm going on a long or multiple day ride.

https://www.beadrider.com/

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll add that no matter how comfy a seat may be; the summer heat can make it burn too. I like the beadrider's for that. I put it on during the summer months then take it off the rest of the year unless I'm going on a long or multiple day ride.

https://www.beadrider.com/
Believe me i know about riding in the heat, but most of my longer rides are saved for sub 90° days. We usually do NW, AR in May and The TX Hill country in October for that very reason.

·
13,002 Posts
say google ironbutt seat. Maybe you can find someone to help.
Even get a hold of stroker victory and ask them who makes custom seats for them

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im 6'3, 235, and have used mustang wides on both vics. Can put 500 miles/day in. I have a corbin on the triumph, and put 9300 miles on it in 38 days last year. Both, are good seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
The Corbin is a "saddle" and very firm(I love mine) the Ultimate is a Cushion and the complete opposite of the Corbin.
They both also have significantly different riding positions and feel.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I also could not be happier with my Corbin Dual Tour. Again, as Mr. PaiN said, it is the complete opposite of the Ultimate. It's more of the type of the seat you want. Some people love the comfy couch Ultimate, some prefer the firmer comfort of the Corbin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Corbin Dual Tour on my Fatboy and love it. Yes it is firm but soft isn't necessarily comfortable.

I tried Corbin and Mustang on my XR because I can't leave well enough alone. BUT I ended up back with the stock seat and I can ride as far as I want on it.

From what the OP is saying he's wore out his original seat. Used take-offs are probably a dime a dozen, it probably won't hurt to give that a try before laying down some serious coin on an aftermarket seat.

Also there was a guy at Full Throttle Saloon this year rebuilding OEM seats with memory foam for $300... I'd consider that as an option too.

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have a drag specialties "pillow top" with backrest. Well to say it aint nothing like my pillow top on my RSV would be an understatement. I have went back to the OEM seat and will on longer trips with either seat use a self inflating kayak cushion, kind of like this one.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've yet to do it but Will Molino of Cycle Ops is your man; He apparently can customize a seat just for you. He'sn facebook but I believe his site is https://www.cycleopsusa.com/?fbclid=IwAR1ieTypBEMdIVqVMBdeLVz91sEcEiOVmx4vGcL99ErqPCOqYgcbrTOv49M

LMYR
I talked with Will for about an hour and a half, he is a great guy and does amazing work. My only reservation is warranty, and what happens to the business when he isn't around anymore. I just didn't have $1100 worth of confidence.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a Corbin Dual Tour on my Fatboy and love it. Yes it is firm but soft isn't necessarily comfortable.

I tried Corbin and Mustang on my XR because I can't leave well enough alone. BUT I ended up back with the stock seat and I can ride as far as I want on it.

From what the OP is saying he's wore out his original seat. Used take-offs are probably a dime a dozen, it probably won't hurt to give that a try before laying down some serious coin on an aftermarket seat.

Also there was a guy at Full Throttle Saloon this year rebuilding OEM seats with memory foam for $300... I'd consider that as an option too.
Ricz mentioned something about a rebuilder....can't remember....but personally I use an Ultimate seat...had them on my last 3 bikes nothing better ever.....800 canuck bucks but worth every penny in my opionion....

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
BigMike did you ever look up the Mean City Cycles place I referenced in post #2?
I sure did and it looks like they do excellent work, but I got to sit on a corbin dual tour the other day...and I ordered one today.:eek

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
I sure did and it looks like they do excellent work, but I got to sit on a corbin dual tour the other day...and I ordered one today.:eek
Did they happen to mention current prices and if they do Victory seats?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did they happen to mention current prices and if they do Victory seats?
Said they could do anything but it would be a while, like 4 to 6 weeks before they could get to it. You would mail your seat when they are ready for it, and will be without a seat until they are done...Which may take a week. To do both the driver and passenger seat in their best was gonna be around 700 shipped both ways.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Hahaha! ...but I don't know which seat is best for my ass!
Want my DS Touring Seat? Its in the F\S forum :smile
Here's a pic of it on the bike before the Corbin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts