Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I caught it last night as well, really cool show.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I watched the first episode. It was a little disappointing because I felt it followed the same formula as all the others (workers arguing, impossible deadlines, last minute drama). I was hoping it would be different.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I watched the first episode. It was a little disappointing because I felt it followed the same formula as all the others (workers arguing, impossible deadlines, last minute drama). I was hoping it would be different.
While I didn't see the show, that's what turned me off of American Chopper. It's fun seeing the bikes be built, but the drama was too much. Save the drama for the Kardashians, my wife will be happy LOL

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yeah, the show did have the usual scripted drama but I guess what I really like those old cafe racer style bikes. I loved American Chopper when it first came on. I don't really care for choppers that much but I enjoyed them taking 3 whole episodes to build a bike and where the whole hour was pretty much devoted to the bike. Cool seeing them fab up stuff from scratch and watch them overcome pesky problems.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't think the "same formula as others" is in and of itself a bad thing. I enjoyed the both the bikes and banter when OCC first came out. There are a few mechanics shows out there that leave that stuff out and just concentrate on work without the drama. But those shows lack the entertainment value that keeps people coming back for more than just learning how to work on bikes. OCC went too far and it became more about the drama than the bikes. As long as it is mostly about bikes I don't mind a little drama to keep it interesting :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, the show did have the usual scripted drama but I guess what I really like those old cafe racer style bikes.
I happen to be building one myself from a 1971 Norton frame, which is why I won't be buying a new Victory anytime soon. I saw the first episode, not bad. I wish they followed the formula that the History Channel did with Counting Cars and Top Shot. Those are more guys reality shows. The guy running that shop in Philly seems a little off. I wish his wife would show up on the show.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It wasn't much on the entertainment side but I love the variety of bikes. Message sent.

I think I'm going to have to take the time and go for a visit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts