Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been waiting for 6-8 weeks for this sissy bar/luggage rack from Ginz Choppers. First and froemost, I need to give credit where it is due. I am a Union Carpenter here in Boston, and I work very closely with Union Iron Workers. So I know good work when I see it. WOW!!! Just fucking WOW!!! The welds, the measurements from left to right, and the elevations on this sissy bar are within Millimeters!!! Damned fine piece here.

Now, here's my dilemma. I think that the sissy bar throws off the look of the bike. And bear in mind that I am the first guy to say "**** everyone and their opinions", but I am in the middle on this one. So what do you think. Is she still looking like a bobber with this here sissy bar?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I added one picture of "before" the sissy bar for comparison. In actuality, I am looking forward to being able to strap **** to my bike for the long haul. A Sissy Bar bag in in my future. thumb up

·
Registered
149 Posts
To me, it doesn't have the "bobber" look. But IMO it can't be a bobber with a back seat. And it's hard to strap **** to a bobber. So enjoy it and like you said **** what everybody else thinks.

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
Looks good to me. Doesn't take away the looks at all. In fact I think it adds to it quite a bit.

I don't pack anyone very often so I took the pad off. I can always put it back on in just minutes if needed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have seen lots of pics of bobbers with sissy bars. The custom sissy bar on my bike is what drew me to buy it over other Highballs out there at the same price. The Drab green Highball is a rare beast. Your custom sissy bar does the bike justice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen lots of pics of bobbers with sissy bars. The custom sissy bar on my bike is what drew me to buy it over other Highballs out there at the same price. The Drab green Highball is a rare beast. Your custom sissy bar does the bike justice.
The story behjind the color of my High Ball is as follows. Fella walked into my dealership and wanted a Gunner in a High Ball "black with flames" color. Dealership stripped all the tin off of my High Ball, then put the Olive Drab tins from the Gunner on my High Ball. Sold Gunner to happy customer, then I walked into the scene. I walked by the bike, and the first thing I though was that it was the exact same color as the vehicles we drove in Iraq from 03-05. Add to that a $1,000 Mi,litary Discount, SOLD!!!:D

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I think it is a great way to stash stuff on your bike, i think it looks cool and different, and if you do not like it after 1 or 2 years ? Just remove it ....

For me, i like the different looks
Firstly green
Secondly sisibar

·
Registered
460 Posts
The story behjind the color of my High Ball is as follows. Fella walked into my dealership and wanted a Gunner in a High Ball "black with flames" color. Dealership stripped all the tin off of my High Ball, then put the Olive Drab tins from the Gunner on my High Ball. Sold Gunner to happy customer, then I walked into the scene. I walked by the bike, and the first thing I though was that it was the exact same color as the vehicles we drove in Iraq from 03-05. Add to that a $1,000 Mi,litary Discount, SOLD!!!:D
Well done sir!
Yours may be the only bike I like almost as much as my own.
Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ride with it.

I did more than one thing to bikes that

1. I thought it would be a good thing.
2. I put it on and decided it wasn't.
3. I rode with it and decided it was.

Not everything works. Most does.

If your sweet thing changes her hair it can be a shock, but if she was sexy before the clippers she is still sexy after them. You may wish it was long again at first, but you climb into the Posturepedic and in no time you are fine with it.

Asking your buds if your bike looks right is like asking them if mamas butt sway gets them worked up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts