Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, to extend my riding season, Santa brought me some soft lowers to keep the wind off of my legs when I ride to work in the cold mornings!And today I had my Avon heated grips installed. The heating elements are from heat demons and DAMN they get HOT!!!i have to keep it on the lowest setting which is quite impressive. I've included some pics for all to enjoy! Thank you SRVT for doing the install!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I like your switch! Very cool! Which lowers did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I got the same setup myself for Christmas except mine are Vic heated grips but haven't put them on yet. I also got a WD laydown license plate and a script cheese badge, both well made items and look good on the xr.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Nice set up for riding on those cold mornings. Congrats!

cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also got a WD laydown license plate
That is on my list of parts I want for sure. Right now I'm just covering the creature comforts. Cee baileys shield is up next!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had OEM Vic grips on my Cross Roads and on my Kingpin. I decided to do what you did this time and I got the Avons. WOW!. 5 different settings and I think you'd hafta be riding in the Arctic to have to use settings above 2. Big difference from the OEM grips with high and low settings. Far superior. The only thing I did different was mount the switch to the stereo handlebar switch to allow myself more room on the handlebar for GPS or Satellite etc. Pretty slick actually. Was done by Scottsdale Victory because I saw it on Dan's V V. I also have the soft lowers and I plan to resurrect the heated seat from my CrossRoads as soon as I get it recovered..... I also got the power port for heated a jacket liner.... wait.. maybe I can ride in the Arctic now... Sweet looking bike you have by the way!

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
So, to extend my riding season, Santa brought me some soft lowers to keep the wind off of my legs when I ride to work in the cold mornings!And today I had my Avon heated grips installed. The heating elements are from heat demons and DAMN they get HOT!!!i have to keep it on the lowest setting which is quite impressive. I've included some pics for all to enjoy! Thank you SRVT for doing the install!
With the cold spell in Cali right now; you are going to need them. :D

We are getting it over here too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
lowers for x r

i bought some tube highway bars from my dealer 307.00 made a card board pattern of the bars and at the top i added 2 in, in from the top motor side and tappered that down to the out side edge parts and lobor on the plex glass was 44.00 i/4 in. glass drilled a hole 3/8 in. at the top , side , and bottom used some 1 1/4 half clamps to hold the glass in place mounted it front side of bars same patteren for both side,s went for a ride 32 deg. was a great differance on the air flow my leg,s stayed warm lowered the buffeting around my head and the wind noise was all most gone i do run a big iurock 26 wide and 26 tall wind shield and the lower,s really made a difference on the comfort on a cold day when it warms up i can take the set off in about 2 min. and store them in my saddle bags till i get home i left the glass clear till i get to my air brush guy for now ride safe and every chance you get

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
pics of that would be great!

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
avon heated grips on a XC

Do you have to drill holes in the handlebars or did you just run the wire down the handlebars ? thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had OEM Vic grips on my Cross Roads and on my Kingpin. I decided to do what you did this time and I got the Avons. WOW!. 5 different settings and I think you'd hafta be riding in the Arctic to have to use settings above 2. Big difference from the OEM grips with high and low settings. Far superior. The only thing I did different was mount the switch to the stereo handlebar switch to allow myself more room on the handlebar for GPS or Satellite etc. Pretty slick actually. Was done by Scottsdale Victory because I saw it on Dan's V V. I also have the soft lowers and I plan to resurrect the heated seat from my CrossRoads as soon as I get it recovered..... I also got the power port for heated a jacket liner.... wait.. maybe I can ride in the Arctic now... Sweet looking bike you have by the way!
Although this thread is 2 years old I see Pckrfan still posts on this forum........so my question is about where the Avon heat grip switch is mounted. Could you take a pic of how the switch is mounted to the stereo handlebar switch?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yup, older thread, but I have the same set up. I have no problem with the soft lowers at highway speed. Your floorboard are adjustable too. Sure helps in cold and rain too.

·
13,262 Posts
Autoboticus
Keep the soft lower in your bags you'll stay dryer when cough in the rain.
With Heat Daemons I could ride with summer gloves in late fall. There the best bang for the buck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts