Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I had my speedometer replaced by my local dealership due to a failure on the right-most digit of the LCD panel. The problem is, my new odometer wasn't set with the correct mileage for the engine and read zero when I picked it up.

I don't have a clue as to how or where I can get the actual miles, but I do know approximately what the mileage was when I dropped it off for the repair. Then I can add what I've driven since the new one was installed.

Any suggestions where to start?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe get the dealer who supplied the speedo to stamp the service book with the new mileage with a receipt explaining a new clock ?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi guys - I had my speedometer replaced by my local dealership due to a failure on the right-most digit of the LCD panel. The problem is, my new odometer wasn't set with the correct mileage for the engine and read zero when I picked it up.

I don't have a clue as to how or where I can get the actual miles, but I do know approximately what the mileage was when I dropped it off for the repair. Then I can add what I've driven since the new one was installed.

Any suggestions where to start?
Unless you want to rig a high speed drill to the cable and run it forever....and no it doesn't blow your resale as long as you are honest and inform the buyer....personally I wouldn't change it...but would inform the buyer.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
How many miles are we talking about, I would just forgetabout it, and mention it to the new owner when selling. People will believe you for just mentioning it because you would not make something like that up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts