Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this new product might just be a winner. Guess I'll have to try a can to find out. Check out the video in the first link...

http://3mauto.com/products/paint-defender/

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/3M-90100-Paint-Defender-System/dp/B00CCOBOI4/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1365982134&sr=1-1&keywords=90100+3m[/ame]

·
13,262 Posts
WOW
It doesn't look like you half to be pro to spray it on and if it comes out like the film double WOW thumb up thumb up

great find

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
That is pretty cool. I was going to order the tankslapper kit but really didn't like how it looked with the visible seems plus the pain of getting it on right. Might have to try this for the front fender and saddlebags.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have to try this on the tank. Chaps are hard on paint

·
Premium Member
313 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
no worries about air bubbles or stretching it around corners. didnt mention
how many mils thick it is. gonna call my jobber this morn. the
only problem is waiting for it to dry and letting it cure.

3M isnt ready to ship yet. the jobbers dont even know about it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is a great product. I use this on my track car / summer driver.

On my expensive wheels, front end, and fender pannels for when I'm turning and parts of my tires are beating the **** out of the side of the car.

I've never thought of using it on my bike... probably because of the pain in the ass it would be to seal the rest of the bike off from the over spray.

PS WELL VENTILATED AREA MEANS JUST THAT WITH THIS ****!!! Frist time was in my garage with a huge exhaust fan we run... second time was in a paint booth because the 36" exhaust fan wasnt good enough.

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PS WELL VENTILATED AREA MEANS JUST THAT WITH THIS ****!!! Frist time was in my garage with a huge exhaust fan we run... second time was in a paint booth because the 36" exhaust fan wasnt good enough.
Maybe a calm windless day under a carport would be best or maybe a back porch with a canopy.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Doing my car this weekend

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maybe a calm windless day under a carport would be best or maybe a back porch with a canopy.
Well the only thing our garage doesnt have is a dyno, so I figured with my commercial grade exhaust system I would be good for a simple spray application like this. For the most part joe smoe should be able to do this in their garage... just dont go back in there for a while and after its cured air it out well. I have a tendacy to "not" do things like I should... for example, safety glasses, resporaitors, etc.

I found it easier to borrow my buddies paint booth, obviously not everyone has these types of options... Outside would be fine but the curing times and just nasty **** flying around in the air could make the finish "undesired".

As for applying it to a windscreen... That I dont know. I know a few guys in my car curcuit have done it to their race windshields, I'll see if I can get ahold of them and ask them about their experiences. Worth a try I'd say if you have an old windscreen laying around that you dont want / use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts