Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at the stock badge on my tank and I really was not too fond of it. I really don't like logo's anyway but honestly I think Victory could do better. I removed it and was going to see if I could make a belt buckle out of it. LOL JK!!

So I went to the dealer at the recommendation of some members and inquired about the badge that is in text form and just says Victory Motorcycles. It is a very clean and classy logo and I like it. Until I found out that the logo is $40 each side. Are you kidding me? $80 buck for 2 sets of stickers?:crzy: I am going to go to a local guy and see if he can make them cheaper.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
Sign shops are now carrying chrome lettering. Actually it's just a sheet of the chrome and it goes through a machine to be cut to what the computer operator tells it to do. You might check with the local sign shops to see if any of them have them yet. I'd be surprised if it was more than $20 for a set. You can even have them cut with an arc on them to follow the lines of the tank.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Alternative

Alternatively, removing the badges altogether can be nice, it provokes some good conversations when people inquire about your bike who are not familiar with Victory Motorcycles and can't recognize them without labels. The previous owner removed the badges on mine, and it looks very nice - definitely invites some great exchanges with people during my breaks and "pit stops."

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
How did you remove the badge???
So I was looking at the stock badge on my tank and I really was not too fond of it. I really don't like logo's anyway but honestly I think Victory could do better. I removed it and was going to see if I could make a belt buckle out of it. LOL JK!!

So I went to the dealer at the recommendation of some members and inquired about the badge that is in text form and just says Victory Motorcycles. It is a very clean and classy logo and I like it. Until I found out that the logo is $40 each side. Are you kidding me? $80 buck for 2 sets of stickers?:crzy: I am going to go to a local guy and see if he can make them cheaper.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm with Coyoteman on this one: I think the tank looks best without the logo, and it keeps 'em guessin'.

As for removal Vegas, I used a heat gun, some fishing line, and goo gone to clean up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I swipe her blow dryer from the bathroom and it work fine . I didn't want to get it too hot with the heat gun . Like SmattaHead says , just use the fishing line like a saw behind the badge and work it . The young kid at the gas station says to me " Is that a V Rod " ...I just laughed and said " NO " and walked out . " Keep them guessing " I say

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a big Screwdriver and paint remover....:crzy:...just kidding. too many 14 hour days with no riding make me loopy.

I used a hairdryer and some thick kite string.

Thanks for the link porchdog...I will check it out.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
There are so many sticker shops In the malls, I am definitley going to see if they have the chrome stuff when I get back, because I would like to draw up something One-off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
These are the ones I have on my Vegas! They are very nice and clean looking! thumb up
Looks nice! Do you have a chrome strip that follows the line of the tank next to the badge? or is that just glare?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the colored emblem but my son has the Hammer 8 Ball and it came with the colored one. He wanted to change it out for the all blacked out ones but Victory wants $75 per side. That is crazy money but I think it bothers him enough to do it anyhow. My other son has a gray Hammer and he was going to change his til he saw the price.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I really like the barracuda red and gold badge very classy may buy them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts