Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered new tires for my 2012 cct and got Dunlop E3 radials front and rear for just under $358. from a place (ATV) in CO. every other place I tried were out of stock.
Now what I am wondering is to balance or use the beads? Anyone using the beads please give me some imput. Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
My experience with the beads has been trouble free.
Ditto. 2 oz. im the front, 3 oz in the rear IIRC. Dynamic balancing, the tires wear and the balance changes with them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've used dyna beads, had great results with them.

Rocky Mountain ATV is the offroad site for Jake Wilson. They both sell pretty much the same things. They have dyna bead kits.

Their price is even beating wingstuff right now.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just replaced my E3s on my 2013 xct They lasted 12,000 miles and were very impressive tires.

But this time I wanted to try the new Michelin Comanders..
The back tire is taller than the OEM E3 but that just made the speedo accurate.

The new Comanders are supposed to last 2times that of the competition.

I only have 300 miles on them and so far they feel great.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Please list your part numbers, where you purchased and price of those Commander II's. I am thinking about a switch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I am in Canada and we get our ass ripped trying to get items across the boarder.....
The best price I could find in Canada was at canadasmotorcycle.ca

Michelin Commander II Cruiser Rear Tire 180/65B16 81H TL/TT P501952 1 CA$198.17
Michelin Commander II Cruiser Front Tire 130/70B18 63H TL/TT P501964 1 CA$191.48

You are in the States so you should be able to beat these prices easy

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The new Comanders are supposed to last 2times that of the competition.

I only have 300 miles on them and so far they feel great.
I was waiting for someone to try them out. They are a bias-ply and since the OEM's are radials I was a little concerned. Please update on any issues of interest.

The speedo correction gave me a chuckle. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was waiting for someone to try them out. They are a bias-ply and since the OEM's are radials I was a little concerned. Please update on any issues of interest.

The speedo correction gave me a chuckle. :)
First thing I noticed was they feel a bit stiff .. You feel the small cracks in the road ect.. Prob to do with not being a radial

The other was how easy they tip into the turns. But all new tires seem to turn in nice...

Time will tell how they stand up to long hwy runs....

·
Registered
265 Posts
As much as I want to, I'm going to hold off until my next set. I'm gun shy about being the first to buy and I've ridden about 100K on bias tires and never had a set that lasts me like these radials do. I'll watch the tread and look forward to hearing reports on these. Perhaps something has truly been developed that separates these from the pack.

Ride safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts