Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm a sports bike guy who is ready to try a cruiser. I rode a cruiser for the first time this past summer and fell in love. I rode my friend's 2006 Victory Hammer. I'm in the process of selling my ducati 848 and want a Hammer (or so I think). I've been searching the various Victory models for a while but cant figure out which is best for me: I ride mostly for fun around the city and some back roads. For starters I want the 106 cubic engine and the fat tire in the back (250) mm... I want a "muscle cruiser"; and black bike as well (I think those look badass and all muscle). Like I said I've primarily focused on the hammer, but can't seem to decipher the differences between the Hammer, Hammer S, the Hammer 8-ball, or the Jackpot to name a few... to make matters worst, it looks like some of the models are only available on certain years. Most of the bikes I see online for sale are the 8-ball, but it appears, they are a small version of the regular hammer. Any advice would be appreciated...by the way, likely buying a used model for around 7-9k.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Best advice I (or anyone) can give is grab test rides, that's the only way you'll learn what fits and suits you. If you live in northern states, this is a good time to play vulture and get a deal. This might be a good time to consider a bagger for greater convenience and LD touring. The Cross bikes are absolutely amazing. Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check cycletrader.com, Craigslist etc. search the other victory forums for some great deals. Welcome to Victory!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not sure where you are located, but there is a georgeous 07 Kingpin with 11K miles for $7000. It's on the "other.net" site. Bike is in Nevada.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Hi all! I'm a sports bike guy who is ready to try a cruiser. I rode a cruiser for the first time this past summer and fell in love. I rode my friend's 2006 Victory Hammer. I'm in the process of selling my ducati 848 and want a Hammer (or so I think). I've been searching the various Victory models for a while but cant figure out which is best for me: I ride mostly for fun around the city and some back roads. For starters I want the 106 cubic engine and the fat tire in the back (250) mm... I want a "muscle cruiser"; and black bike as well (I think those look badass and all muscle). Like I said I've primarily focused on the hammer, but can't seem to decipher the differences between the Hammer, Hammer S, the Hammer 8-ball, or the Jackpot to name a few... to make matters worst, it looks like some of the models are only available on certain years. Most of the bikes I see online for sale are the 8-ball, but it appears, they are a small version of the regular hammer. Any advice would be appreciated...by the way, likely buying a used model for around 7-9k.
If you're looking for a fat tire Vic cruiser you'll have to stick with the models you mentioned. The Jackpot is an older model and can also be found with the 100ci engine. I believe the major difference between the Jackpot and Hammer is the front end, the JP has traditional forks and 21" front rim. The Hammer has inverted sport oriented forks and an 18" front rim. Any model Victory "8-Ball" means the no-frills, basic gloss black version of that model.
GL in your search.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Black? Hammer 8-ball.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input! It sounds like the 8 ball is probably best for me. I don't mind the older model hammers except I do think the extra 10 or so hp on the new 106 engine probably makes a good difference. If I get the hammer 8 ball, will I lose tons (bells and whistles) from the regular hammer and s. Is there any year model I should stay away from? Anything in particular (any major issue areas) should I pay attention to when buying used?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The hammer 8 ball has a single front brake rotor, and it blacked out. The hammer s has twin front brake rotors and I believe comes with an analog tachometer. Other then that I think they are pretty much the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts