Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just converted from the sport bike world to a 2013 Vegas 8 Ball. The bike has RPW Slash, 14 inch apes, pass seat with pegs and a stage 1 kit from the dealer.

I'm pretty happy with the bike as-is, but I'm not thrilled with the exhaust. It's incredibly hit and quite honestly to loud for me. I'm not sure if the O2's are disconnected, but I'll be checking that out tomorrow as it seems that will help a bit. I'm also curious if I can add the RPW Baffle to help with the sound. The curve makes me think that might not be possible so curious what my options are.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Welcome to Vic
Where are you feeling "heat" and what temps have you been riding in that you feel the bike is "incredibly hot"? Are you running any type of fairing or deflectors? Labor Day weekend my neighbor rented a 2016 HD Street Glide after years on a GSXR600, his first words after he got off the SG were; "wow! this thing throws some heat"
You'll have to check with RPW to find out if there is a baffle available for your pipe. Another option is to post and ask for a trade with someone looking for a louder exhaust, you never know... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heat is on my right calf when I'm at a standstill. When I'm moving its fine. The exhaust on my Daytona was routed under the bike and out under the rear seat. I never once felt any heat or had to even think about where my leg was.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
The heat is on my right calf when I'm at a standstill.
Welcome to the world of big V-twins....this is perfectly normal and just the way it is.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I just converted from the sport bike world to a 2013 Vegas 8 Ball. The bike has RPW Slash, 14 inch apes, pass seat with pegs and a stage 1 kit from the dealer.

I'm pretty happy with the bike as-is, but I'm not thrilled with the exhaust. It's incredibly hit and quite honestly to loud for me. I'm not sure if the O2's are disconnected, but I'll be checking that out tomorrow as it seems that will help a bit. I'm also curious if I can add the RPW Baffle to help with the sound. The curve makes me think that might not be possible so curious what my options are.

Pretty sure there is a baffle for that pipe...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just recently picked up some Bassani pipes and have the stock exhaust if you are looking to stay quiet. Honestly I thought they were too quiet until I put the new ones on.......WAY louder. lol. Welcome to owning a Vic. My right calf gets hot too but you have to remember that the exhaust is routed right there. I came from sport bikes too and had to adjust to a lot of differences between the two. One really big one was no more knee dragging. PM me if you are interested in the stock exhaust. You could bore it out and get rid of some of the baffling in there.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Look up the pipes with a flashlight and see if there's anything in there.
The baffles for the Slash pipes (2 into 2) look like this and they go in point first:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone.

I had test rode a 2006 and didn't notice the pipe at all, so the fact that the 2013 is so damn hot certainly caught me by surprise. My girlfriend didn't mention it on the '06 either, and that's definitely something she would have commented on after the test ride.

Can there be that significant of a difference between the two, or could the after market pipes play that significant of a role? I guess partly just trying to figure out why there is such a swing between the two.

I'll check for the baffle and see if it's there.

I appreciate the offer on the stock exhaust, but I actually got that as part of the sale. Not a huge fan of the look so I likely won't put it back on, plus the mufflers are pitted a bit from sitting in storage the last 3 years.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Welcome to Victory! I'm not an expert as I am new to Vics myself, but I'm sure you will get plenty of help from the awesome people of this forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the 06 had stock pipes then yes it will have a different temp. The after market pipes are just like running straight pipes on a car. At least mine are. I have no baffles at all in my exhaust. I noticed a big temp jump on the exhaust between the stocks and the new Bassani pipes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts