Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi. I'm from northern Michigan and have been riding dirtbikes for 10 years now and I have just completed my motorcycle safety course for my endorsement.im 28 and just sold my kx 500 to buy a cruiser. I'm looking at a Vegas 8-ball. I am self employed so this will be my mini vacation when I find time between my long hours in the field. Is there any quirks to the 8-ball that I should know. I plan on buying new and getting the warrantee.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the board. Michigander here as well.

Sorry, I know nothing about the Vegas.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hope you enjoy. 8 Ball is just the stripped down version of a bike. It may be missing some features but if that is what you want or you like the particular color scheme, why not.
Happy Shopping.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome , cant go wrong with a Vegas , check out the Gunner too , bad ass machine .cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also looking at the gunner. Planned on some pipes or stage one kit and buy a passenger seat for when my wife would look to ride with but that's what I'm looking at for now is something pretty stripped down and basic.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ok, you just hit a note.
Might I make a suggestion, sorry but gotta do it.
You mentioned the wife and trips. You aren't a new rider, just new to the bike style, right? Take the wife and test ride everything even close to your price range. Don't skimp on either of your comfort or something that may be on one that you don't think you want now. A cruise control, for example, may be off the radar now but if you want to go for long(ish) rides especially in a relaxed state, it is a good thing to have. There are plenty of personal nits to pick, but when buying a bike, Lostwife is on the test ride and her opinion is very invited. She rides too and has more pillion miles than most riders around ever see in their life. She know what is comfortable for her, what can be tweaked and what simply will not do. I don't.
I am throwing this out, because so many buy something and outgrow it in a year or less and take a raping on resale or trade. This is with any bike out there so something to ponder.

Shop Wisely

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a good piece of advise. I was hoping there was an option for cruise on either bike. My wife isn't huge on the idea of riding. She was hoping to get her own bike within time. She on the other hand is completely new to riding.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I just wanted to say hi. I'm from northern Michigan and have been riding dirtbikes for 10 years now and I have just completed my motorcycle safety course for my endorsement.im 28 and just sold my kx 500 to buy a cruiser. I'm looking at a Vegas 8-ball. I am self employed so this will be my mini vacation when I find time between my long hours in the field. Is there any quirks to the 8-ball that I should know. I plan on buying new and getting the warrantee.
Vegas 8-ball is a great basic Victory in basic black.
Cant really go wrong.
I myself ride a Vegas, a five yr old 2010 model, IVE added aftermarket pipes and a Torquetubes intake plus a timing wheel and Power Commander V, to really wake it up.
For your wife choose the touring pillion seat its more comfy than standard pillion seat, also you might add a backrest töo so she feels secure, I have those on mine as well.
Another nice addition but not essential is a tacho to see where you are in the rev range..Vic motors are happiest at 3000rpm.
If you ride much at night theres a great HID headlight upgrade available through one of our forum members, I have that too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Headlights would be an imidiate upgrade. How easy are the seats removable. Considering most of my riding will be alone I would just like the solo seat on there.

·
12,970 Posts
Tell your insurance you did the safety course you should get a break on your insurance

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Headlights would be an imidiate upgrade. How easy are the seats removable. Considering most of my riding will be alone I would just like the solo seat on there.
Easy...ten minutes first time, less once you get used to it
4 bolts get the fender rails off that hide the 4 bolts that hold the pillion seat on (backrest bolts to pillion seat so it comes off at the same time.
If you got air tools a bit quicker still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts