Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;
New to the forum, new to Victory, but not new to MC's

I have been on some sort of bike most of my life, starting at age 14. Have owned: 68 Hodaka 100 Super Rat, 71 Honda 350 enduro, , 82 Honda V75 Magna, 2003 KTM 525 exc, 06 Vulcan 900, 09 650 KLR, 2010 Vulcan 1700, 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere, and currently own, 1998 Yamaha TW 200, 2004 Suzuki DRZ 400S, and just purchased a 2007 Victory Vegas 8ball to replace the destroyed Yamaha Super Tenere (was killed by an inattentive Cager on June 2, I came out of it with a fx pelvis, and fx left hand)... anyway, I've been out of business for 2.5 months healing and just getting back to some light activity.

To be honest, with well over 200,000 miles on bikes over my lifetime with out a serious accident. I've spent the 2.5 months following the wreck very tentative about getting back out on the road. I figured I just might have to be satisfied with fire road and trail riding for the rest of my life.

A couple of weeks ago, I came to the determination that I wasn't going to stop riding on the road. But, I am going to modify it. No more commuting thru rush hour traffic, even though the bike commute was the cathartic of my workday... but there are too many idiots out there that don't pay attention. Especially during rush hours. So I decided not to replace the "adventure" bike that was my main commuter and trip bike, but to get one just to cruise the hiway, trips and to play.

I was sure I was going to get a HD... was set to pop on a couple of HD's, then I read an article comparing HD, Victory, and Kaw cruisers. That article really pointed out how much better MC Victory is over HD. That led me to the video series comparing HD and Vic engines... I was sold. I purchased my 07 from the original owner with a little over 5000 miles on it, in near perfect condition for less than KBB. I brought her home, added a fairing and a couple of other mods to make her more "trip" and hiway worthy. Love the bike, the power, the crisp response and the look.

Sorry for the long first post. No more novels, I promise. Here's a picture of the black beauty... If your ever in Boise, PM me and lets go for a ride!...

rick

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your new scoot!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Whoa ! , that is one nice looking scoot Brother ! Enjoy , you will be hard pressed to find a HD that looks that Badass .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts