Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Im a 2013 Victory CCt owner and have been reading and browsing through this forum for a good year now. I think its about time I jump in say hi and ask some questions and see if I can give some of my knowledge (lack of) to anyone who may know less than me (there will be very few, if any who know less than me)! Ive found this site very helpful and now want to get more involved.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice bike thumb up

You may also look into becoming a Victory Motorcycle Club (***) Member to.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome from CT. What questions ya got? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from CT. What questions ya got? :)
well, I have just over 3k on it with the tri oval stage1 exhaust. have been having issues with it falling on its face intermitantly. Most noticeable when coasting to a stop, in 1st gear with clutch in. roll through the stop and crack the throttle and there is a sec where it bogs down, then catches and its fine. took into the vic shop, and they spend several days trying map updates with no results. as matter of fact, it now pops heavily on decal and also in between 1-2 upshifts, which it never did before. so they said that they were able to get victory to cover "under warranty" installing lloydz advanced timing kit. Im really looking for other peoples thoughts on this. im happy to have a lloydz mod to my bike at no charge, but also feel like being a Victory dealer they should be able to fix the right way. I almost feel like that's putting a bandaid on the issue. Any thoughts or feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
well, I have just over 3k on it with the tri oval stage1 exhaust. have been having issues with it falling on its face intermitantly. Most noticeable when coasting to a stop, in 1st gear with clutch in. roll through the stop and crack the throttle and there is a sec where it bogs down, then catches and its fine. took into the vic shop, and they spend several days trying map updates with no results. as matter of fact, it now pops heavily on decal and also in between 1-2 upshifts, which it never did before. so they said that they were able to get victory to cover "under warranty" installing lloydz advanced timing kit. Im really looking for other peoples thoughts on this. im happy to have a lloydz mod to my bike at no charge, but also feel like being a Victory dealer they should be able to fix the right way. I almost feel like that's putting a bandaid on the issue. Any thoughts or feedback is greatly appreciated.
First time iv heard that, sweet deal, :p

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
The vics are severely detuned to comply with EPA restrictions, so much so that it seems like the bike barely runs. Add a fuel controller and a timing wheel, and it's 98% resolved.

I haven't heard of Victory OK'ing the timing wheel install. In fact, there have been rumors that Vic would deny the warranty, because it was installed. It could be your dealer is eating the cost of it for you, I'm not sure.

Either way, it sounds like you will be on your way shortly!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vics are severely detuned to comply with EPA restrictions, so much so that it seems like the bike barely runs. Add a fuel controller and a timing wheel, and it's 98% resolved.

I haven't heard of Victory OK'ing the timing wheel install. In fact, there have been rumors that Vic would deny the warranty, because it was installed. It could be your dealer is eating the cost of it for you, I'm not sure.

Either way, it sounds like you will be on your way shortly!
When youmention a fuel tuner, are you referring to something like the Cobra Pro tuner, the autotune one that tune 80 times per second?

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I bought the Cobra tuner from a forum member, at almost 1/3 the cost so I figured 'what the hell, i'll try it'. After a few manual adjustments of this self-adjusting tuner, it does just what I want it to do. I've decided I'm not going to go balls-to-the-wall with cams, etc. If I had to pay full retail for it, I would have never have done it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a few manual adjustments of this self-adjusting tuner,
Manual adjustments on a auto tuner??? This is the Cobra FI2000 powerpro we are talking about, correct? Did you find it hard to instal?

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Yep, Fi2000 PowrPro. There is a pot inside for adjustments, but it's not really advertised. It was not bad to install, the bitch was unplugging the injectors and plugging in the Cobra. Don't plug in the O2 sensor cables, tie them up and out of the way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
59 Posts
markass, I have a used (slightly, a couple hundred miles) Cobra fi2000 I had on my 2013 xct I would like to sell, $250 plus shipping, you know they cost around $500 new. If your interested pm me or let me know how to get in touch with you. I can send you pics or answer any questions. Thanks, bama

1 - 13 of 13 Posts