Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. Was a little bit hesitate to, but I made the switch.

I have gone from a Kawasaki Meanstreak to Victory Jackpot. I was a little hesitate because $$$. We all know that bikes are glorified toys, and thats ok! I had already owned a SE Mean streak, but I always wanted that Jackpot. What can I say, love the fat tire. I finally found a hell of a deal.

08 NEW FROM DEALER for the price of around 14K (after rebates and tax title fee). I traded my SE meanstreak & Honda rebel towards purchase of this bike.

I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger. But I did it, 8 thousand later I have the bike.

Now my questions...

Did i get taken? Or did I make out even?

Going from meanstreak to Jackpot everyone said... "oh watch out for the turning... your going to hate the turns" What is the truth on this? Am I in for it when I go out riding this bike?

With the 5 year warnenty that victory is giving out... what does this cover? Oil changes, belts, not sure???

All information is welcomed and I am excited to meet many of the new members to this forum.

Pics soon to come!

·
Registered
243 Posts
congratulations, i personally don't know if you got a deal or not as i bought a vegas, however you bought what you wanted and got a plus pgk. to boot, so just sime and don't look back, another thing you may not be aware off ids the stimilus package also includes motorcycles, which means you can deduct the sales tax and excise tax on your 2009 income tax. providing you don't make over $125,000.00 if filling seperately or $250,000.00 if filing jointly, also if you happen to be military, or retired military , Victory will give you an aditional $1000.00 off , as far as the turning with the fat tire goes, ive ridden my buds 05 hammer with the fat tire, just take a learning curve and you will have noooo problem.

again enjoy, steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TAX BRAKE FOR NEW BIKE!!!

Tell me more... I like the SOUND OF THAT...

I am not a retired vet, but I do work for the govt. School teacher in the ghetto...

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Sounds like a really good deal!

The fat tire will take a little getting used too. A little more lean in when you're turning and a little counter steer and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently have a 2007 HD Night Rod Special and it has the 250 tire on the rear. It is a little more tippy at slower speeds, like in a parking lot, but other than that it rides just like any other bike. That will be the only real spot where I can see it being different is at slower speeds. If you are wondering what I am doing here, I am thinking about getting a Cross Country to replace the VROD. From what I can tell there are some good people on here with some good info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also just got an 08 Victory Jackpot new form alocal dealer here. You got a great deal I got the same but with the $1000 rebte for military and the 5 year warrenty. Also, Victory is running a special of $1000 in parts and Accssories if you cant take the military rebate. just google Stokes victory, its on there web site and I confirmed with Distinktive cycles where I got my from and they said yep it is one or the other, so ask you may be able to get a free set of pipes. Enjoy the ride, they fat tire is not a big deal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
btk fourm forum for questions

I finally did it. Was a little bit hesitate to, but I made the switch.

I have gone from a Kawasaki Meanstreak to Victory Jackpot. I was a little hesitate because $$$. We all know that bikes are glorified toys, and thats ok! I had already owned a SE Mean streak, but I always wanted that Jackpot. What can I say, love the fat tire. I finally found a hell of a deal.

08 NEW FROM DEALER for the price of around 14K (after rebates and tax title fee). I traded my SE meanstreak & Honda rebel towards purchase of this bike.

I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger. But I did it, 8 thousand later I have the bike.

Now my questions...

Did i get taken? Or did I make out even?

Going from meanstreak to Jackpot everyone said... "oh watch out for the turning... your going to hate the turns" What is the truth on this? Am I in for it when I go out riding this bike?

With the 5 year warnenty that victory is giving out... what does this cover? Oil changes, belts, not sure???

All information is welcomed and I am excited to meet many of the new members to this forum.

Pics soon to come!
the btk forum has more info on vic than the vic forum maby they need more riders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts