Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a xc in 2010. Did not keep the bike long. Recently purchased another (2013) and I forgot how bad the air management was. Have purchased a xct windshield and appropriate hardware to mount on xc. Anyone else done this and did it help with the buffeting? Thanks Greg

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
There are lots and lots of posts in the Victory Forums about wind management. Do some searching and you should have reading material for days. I can't help you or I would. I have a Vic XCT with the hard lowers and a Klockwerks flip windscreen. The wind management is awesome and I get no buffeting at all.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I used to have a 1800 GoldWing for 10 seasons. When I got the XCT, I was amazed at the wind management. I think you'll be pleased with the result.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
+1 to what everybody just said.

Buffeting on these bikes tends to come from the windshield area and the lower front area.

For the windshield, the stock huge XCT windshield may do the trick, via a sort of brute force method, i.e., it's so large. But that assumes you like to look through a windshield, rather than over it (unless you're really freakin tall). I have an XCT, but I'm a look-over guy, so I used a Klockwerks Flare for the first season, and an 11" Madstad for the second and third season.

I know this may be a little late, but I don't think you need a windshield that large, i.e., the stock XCT shield. I've ridden other folks XCTs and demo bikes with that tall stocker, and found it too calm, almost stultifying.

The other advantage the XCT has is that it comes with the lower fairing storage pod thingies and the adjustable vents attached to them. That's the other source of buffeting, i.e., it starts down there, and comes on up. So, if you have a plain ol' XC, as Mags suggested, Goody makes nice painted metal deflectors; see that link. Alternatively, a lot of folks have been using JTD lowers with good results; see http://www.jtdcycleparts.com/Victory_c6.htm .

So, you need the combination of a good air-deflecting windshield up top -- and there are an increasing number of vendors of these things -- and an air-deflector of some sort down by the crashbars or forks.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
+ 1 to what everyone else said... With one thing to add. I found getting my seat reworked was the clincher. I had the seat height taken down 1-1.5" and added gel so it was still comfy. This plus the Ness Flip shield and it eliminated all the upper dirty air. I also added the Ma Vic lower fairing air deflectors. The lower deflectors was a very marginal improvement but for the $100 I spent was worth the value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for your replies

+ 1 to what everyone else said... With one thing to add. I found getting my seat reworked was the clincher. I had the seat height taken down 1-1.5" and added gel so it was still comfy. This plus the Ness Flip shield and it eliminated all the upper dirty air. I also added the Ma Vic lower fairing air deflectors. The lower deflectors was a very marginal improvement but for the $100 I spent was worth the value.
Appreciate every ones input. Will try the xct windshield and seasonal fabric lowers. Have no desire to be in a cocoon of no air hitting me -I mean this is a motorcycle - just wanted to stop the buffeting. Sure hope it allows me to hear my music at hwy speeds. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Appreciate every ones input. Will try the xct windshield and seasonal fabric lowers. Have no desire to be in a cocoon of no air hitting me -I mean this is a motorcycle - just wanted to stop the buffeting. Sure hope it allows me to hear my music at hwy speeds. Thanks again
When I added these , 100% of buffeting GONE .
IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts