Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
New to the forum. Not new to riding.
Currently riding a VTX1300 and 99% sure I'm gonna make a deal very soon on a Crosswinds. Hoping to gain some insight to the Victory!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've browsed many topics here. Seems like a lot to digest. Would appreciate any info, pro's and cons you could share!

Just remember you asked- I will try not to ramble...

I have had this new bike for two weeks. This is the first vehicle I have owned that is Brand spanking new. The first motorcycle i have owned with an electric starter. Self cancelling turn signal are an amazing thing to me. All others have been of the kick me variety. My Bonneville is a sport bike compared to this Victory.

Engine: all i can say here is- plenty of balls and lots of torque. I have stage 1 kit/shotgun pipes. Makes it a bit loud, but they look great on the bike. Doing some reading some one mentioned these are not the best for performance? Power band is short but solid and just keeps on making power, coming from the Bonneville to a big twin like this just makes it seem different..I have unintentionally hit the rev limiter. Why is it so low? 5k or so? Top end? I will likely never know where that is.

Tranny: Feels solid and strong. Clunky at low revs- shifts nice over 2500-3000. Long legged 6 speed is nice on the highway. 2500rpm=75mph. Around town, i still haven't figured out which gear is best. First is pretty short. Might try a second gear launch?

Mileage: Better than 40 easy. I think i got over 50 last weekend, I was behaving...

Fit and finish: Very nice. The one disappointment is the head stock, they could have spent a little bit more time on the finish here.

Ride: very smooth. I will ask them tomorrow at my 500mi (dealer included) service if they can loosen it up just a tad. I am 5' 11" 165, ride solo, and it seems a bit stiff. Front end seem light to me in the corners, perhaps lowering a little... maybe i need to adjust to it a bit. handles well- feels light on the road.

Center stand: There isn't one.

Stock seat: sux, went to a mustang.

Art: this is what a bike should look like. Sweeping lines, gorgeous paint, balanced looking, Nice details, like the graphics appear to be buried under the cleacoat, not just applied. Nice ribbing on the fenders and tank. The split tail is well done, the motor is symmetrical with the exposed bolts, I will admit that I think mine is the most lovely girl at the dance...

Guess i rambled a bit sorry..

m

1 - 5 of 5 Posts