Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Hiya Ron. One more post or thread and you should be able to post anywhere. What's yer issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel gauge issue!?

I had my 2012 XCT for about a year and a half and the fuel gauge went dead after I washed my bike one day. It did it every time i would wash my bike. I would towel dry and ride down the road for a few minutes and the gauge would start working fine. After approx another six months of riding the gauge stopped working altogether. I took to dealer and they tested the sender in tank and it indicated OK. Now after another six months, the gauge will only work when i was the bike???? The warranty is out and am trying to resolve on my own.

Any idea on the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Hi dangerron, thats a bummer, but instead of fixing, .....

You went after 6 months to your dealership for this problem, and now after 12 months your warranty ran out ?

This should be solved by your dealership for free coz it is registered when tbe bike is 6 months old ... If the dealer decline then write to Victory a letter ?

Edit: welcome to the site and you'll find a lot of information on here . could you post a picture of your ride ?

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Welcome Ron , my advice is don't wash your bike...Vics don't like being washed...mine only gets a wash when it rains

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2011 Vegas and am considering switching the rear tire. It currently has a D417. 180/55/18. I am considering the D407 which is what Harley uses. Any suggestions on a tire for this size? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I have a 2011 Vegas and am considering switching the rear tire. It currently has a D417. 180/55/18. I am considering the D407 which is what Harley uses. Any suggestions on a tire for this size? Thanks
Yeah Ive used that Dunlop, its OEM on the skinnier tyred V-rods.
Ran one succesfully on my Vegas, saved me around $100 but wore out even quicker than my usual Pirelli Night Dragons.
Hung on okay in dry and wet but just wont go any distance.
ok to get you out of trouble if youre short on funds.
I went back to the superior grip of the Night Dragon again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you. I am having a hard time finding a tire that will fit. I will have to look into the night dragon.

·
12,970 Posts
why are you hijacking his question about fuel gauge with your tire question. Above is tools click on that and you can find advance search.Start your own post about your tires

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
why are you hijacking his question about fuel gauge with your tire question. Above is tools click on that and you can find advance search.
It looks like he is new to posting , prolly just uninformed on proper thread etiquette ...:wink

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
vegas11 , meet VJ ....:ltr:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Don't wet the speedo.

tires?

I just got this one. This website is the similar price for mine locally. Handles great but do not know about longevity. I see where someone got 8K. I got 11k outta of my last dunlop d417 but could not find it anywhere.

Dunlop D207 207 ZR 180/55-18 Rear Tire V-Rod (Dunlop PN 300131)

Dunlop D207 207 ZR 180/55-18

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
It looks like he is new to posting , prolly just uninformed on proper thread etiquette ...:wink
Yeah wondered that myself after answering.
1. Dont hose your bike.
2. I tried D207, same as DillPickle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts