Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so just picked up a 2012 highball and so far I love it! Moved up from a vstar 1100 classic and what a difference. Can anyone tell me what the exhaust is? The only thing I could find is it has "victory performance" stamped on it. Don't care so much for the sound and get a fair bit of popping on deceleration. Will removing part or the whole baffles help with the popping and any idea about sound? Thanks

Attachments

Premium Member
Those are the Vic shotgun pipes... Or drag pipes... I don't recall the exact name of them. The popping can be minimized with the addition of an S&S or Lloydz air box, Lloydz timing wheel, Power Commander 5 and dyno tune. The only downside from doing those mods will be the additional 30ish HP you will gain, a better running machine, and the ability to pop wheelies. 馃槑

Premium Member
Deleted stuff ,,,
The only downside from doing those mods will be the additional 30ish HP you will gain, a better running machine, and the ability to pop wheelies. 馃槑
Ohhh MAMA !!!!

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

before spending money. Try tightening up the exhaust flange nuts.
Take a ride and recheck them. Might have to do it a couple times.

Welcome

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the suggestions. Exhaust nuts were tight however did find O2 sensor almost unplugged and don't see a full processor that I'm assuming I'd need when pipes were changed and K&n installed

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Your bike may or may not have the stage one flash done to the ECM... It's a program Vic has to add more fuel when doing there aftermarket exhaust. Remember what I said about PCV and intake earlier? You won't be disappointed...

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely gonna look into it. Is there a way to tell if the flash has been done. It's a bit of a drive to the nearest victory dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts