Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome from Utah!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Greetings from the other Portland and welcome back to the sport. I hope you took a refresher course after being away for so long. There's so much to know and we want you around this forum for a long time. You made an excellent choice of bike - congratulations!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You

Thanks for the welcomes to the forum. A lot of good information and help. Great community. Great advice on a rider course after so long away. When I first picked up the Bike I thought I was crazy. A lot of bike. Drove back roads very slowly at first. Before putting the bike away for the winter I put over 1500 miles on it. It is coming back to me but still a lot to remember and learn. I just got Ride Like Pro V and plan on practicing the exercises as weather permits. Also have many friends that have bikes that have been very helpful. Once again Thanks to All. So Happy I Got a Vic.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
That Ride Like A Pro DVD is great info. The techniques one learns from it are very helpful when on really twisty roads and switchbacks, as well as parking lot maneuvers. I got my money's worth out of it - even after 55 years of riding (at the time of purchase - I now have 60 years).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RICZ congrats on 60 years of riding. You are right about the DVD great info. Can't wait to get back on bike with good weather. Wish you another 60 years of SAFE and Happy riding.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
RICZ congrats on 60 years of riding. You are right about the DVD great info. Can't wait to get back on bike with good weather. Wish you another 60 years of SAFE and Happy riding.
I'm just a kid compared to my riding buddy, John, who is 79 - 4 years my senior and rides a Honda NT700V. He started earlier than I did, so he has more years than me. Together, we have about 130 years of riding. Doing 4 digit trips is the norm for us. We used to ride full boat touring bikes for decades, but they got to be too heavy for us old farts. :crzy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts