Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I just bought a 99 Victory last week. Pretty excited about it, so far I love it. Its a 99 V92c after market bars, exh. and has a flame job. The rest of the chrome from what I can tell is factory which I love as well. Never thought of ever owning one, but when I sat down the other day thinking it was time to replace my 94 Vulcan 88, I somehow stumbled upon this one. Only has 8500 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Congratulations on your Victory, Whiplash. Thats a nice, clean looking bike.
Looks like who ever owned it before took good care of it.
Ride Safe and enjoy the ride. cheers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yeah it s pretty nice, nicest i've ever had. It feels good to pull up on something like this ya know? I've got about 200 miles on it since last tuesday and yeah I really like it. I've always made fun of Harley guys, and I go to a church that welcomes/encourages people who ride so I see a lot of them, even the pastor is a Harley guy, its all in good fun, always told myself the where junk, but deep inside, I kinda wanted one, I did like them, the look, the sound, and the way people "accept" you, not that at my church they didnt anyways, but you know what i mean. Before I bought this, I almost broke and bought a Sportster just to have an HD. Now that I have this, I am so over my Harley fetish, this bike albeit old and out of date now, I am gonna do what I can to stay with Victory from now on. I love it, people love it, I havent had one person yet not like it. :D LETS RIDE!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard.

FYI, I don't know if this has already been covered with you or not.

THe 99's had a problem with the tranny. Not every one but a good majority.

See if the tranny upgrade was done on your bike.

If you PM KevinX here or post a thread asking that question in the tech forum he will tell you how to find out.

FYI..KevinX is considered in the Vic community to be the authority on our bikes he is also the Service Manager at PoG (Polaris of Gainsville).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yes I have read about the tranny issues, I will have to talk with him. The more I get into this bike the more I have questions as well LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thanks, I was loving it. Brought it to the shop today :mad:
Rode it 8 miles, went to leave, got maybe a turn out of the starter, and nothing. Its acting like the starter is not getting power, the volts dont change when i hit the button, nor do the lights dim. Just get a click form the relay by the battery box

·
Registered
181 Posts
YOu might want to do a search or submit a new post so you can get some help on this forum.
Sounds like a bad relay or switch. could be the starter itself. I'm not much help on electrical.
Good luck.
Don't worry, small problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some good news, I have a friend at church who works at Polaris Ind. here and he said he can get me parts. Just need to figure out what part i need:D I still have made my decision, even though as I go I'm sure to have problems here and there, but when the time comes, I am gonna do everything I can to buy another Victory. I know people that have them spanning all years, now I have one, and I am sold. A Harley would be nice but no longer my first choice. Can't wait to tell my dad I bought a Polaris LOL...(we ski-doo people)

·
Registered
29 Posts
CONGRATS on your purchase.

I also considered a Harley before getting a Victory but after a lot of research, I decided on the Victory.

If you're going to ride 2-up, may I highly recommend a passenger backrest.

It'll be well worth the money for the safety of your passenger, especially if they're minors.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're going to ride 2-up, may I highly recommend a passenger backrest.

It'll be well worth the money for the safety of your passenger, especially if they're minors.
Wanna find me one? LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealers have them for a premium price.

Internet will show you companies that carry after market items for a lower price.

There is no such thing as too much money for safety, especially when it involves our passengers.

Good luck on finding a used one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've found one used one, the same place I got my stock seat from. It's rusty, and has a small tear in the pad, but though maybe i could just paint it. Saddle bags might hide it anyways

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've found one used one, the same place I got my stock seat from. It's rusty, and has a small tear in the pad, but though maybe i could just paint it. Saddle bags might hide it anyways
CONGRATS !!!!

Good for you.

Your passenger will surely appreciate it, more comfort and especially more safety.

There are several good cleaners out there that will remove the rust and a little bit of tape will take care of the small tear and keep it from running and hopefully the saddle bags will hide it and if not, who gives a flip as long as you have the passenger back rest.

Happy motoring to you and your passenger.

Stay safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts