Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up what would technically be my first Victory bike. Sold them for a few years so I got to use demo's for a couple weeks at a time here and there but now I officially have a 2007 Vegas Premium, lowered, with Bessani pipes. Can't wait until MN warms up enough to ride it.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Hey, get out and ride. There is no such thing as too cold, but I will quickly admit that I never ride with ice or snow on the roads. I just don't worry much about snow beside a road or temperatures of any kind above about 25F. That means that here in Central Illinois, I ride very many days out of each month and have absolutely no months in the last 18 or so that I did not ride. A day with a high of 37F and a low of let's say 27F is a riding day for me. I ride at the 27F to be able to enjoy the ride home at the 37F value. If you refuse to ride at the lower temperatures, you will miss out on the opportunity to ride at higher temperatures, like maybe 35F, on the way home. That is just the reality of things.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey, get out and ride. There is no such thing as too cold, but I will quickly admit that I never ride with ice or snow on the roads. I just don't worry much about snow beside a road or temperatures of any kind above about 25F. That means that here in Central Illinois, I ride very many days out of each month and have absolutely no months in the last 18 or so that I did not ride. A day with a high of 37F and a low of let's say 27F is a riding day for me. I ride at the 27F to be able to enjoy the ride home at the 37F value. If you refuse to ride at the lower temperatures, you will miss out on the opportunity to ride at higher temperatures, like maybe 35F, on the way home. That is just the reality of things.
If I still had the full-face and chaps I'd consider it but just plain brrrrrrr!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's around 5 degrees out right now with fresh snow this morning and blowing about 20mph. Hopefully it will get into the 40's next week because I'm not afraid of the cold but 5 degrees is a little extreme. Not to mention I am afraid of the ice. In the meantime I made it over to my friends house where it's stored in his heated basement and got a picture... it didn't help the waiting, makes me want to ride even more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts