Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my '06 wing on Sat. and started looking for another bike as soon as the buyer left the driveway. I was looking for a XR, XC or Vaquero and found several across the country but, the one I wanted was the XC. I just couldn't find one at a price I could afford until......I went to ebay and there it was. It was a HD dealer that wanted to get it off the lot, quick. I made him an offer and stole the bike. It has 6k miles with good tires. I'm a happy guy.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I sold my '06 wing on Sat. and started looking for another bike as soon as the buyer left the driveway. I was looking for a XR, XC or Vaquero and found several across the country but, the one I wanted was the XC. I just couldn't find one at a price I could afford until......I went to ebay and there it was. It was a HD dealer that wanted to get it off the lot, quick. I made him an offer and stole the bike. It has 6k miles with good tires. I'm a happy guy.
Congrats! cheers On the picture, try attaching it to your post instead of using an image tag. ;)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that. I hit the insert image button and it appeared. What do I need to do different...thanks

Mike
Hit the attachment button instead - looks like a paperclip. Then you'll get to upload the image, and insert it in your post.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice..youll enjoy it!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats...very nice...cheers

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sure HD wanted it out of there. It was stealing all the thunder!

Love it! good luck with her Mike. Absolutely Love mine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking bike and I am sure you are going to love it. Traded in my Venture last summer for 2013 XCT and the only issue was that I should have done it sooner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I picked up the bike today from the HD dealer. Yes, they were very happy to see it off the lot. When I was inspecting the bike, before the paperwork, several people were coming over admiring the beautiful blue Vic. I had a 200 mile trip home, well, it was actually only 169 miles, but who's counting. On the way home I noted a few things I will have to address.
1. Wind buffeting
2. Windshield too short, see #1
3. Cruise didn't want me to use it...maybe my fault
4. Lots of wind
5. A little more shake than I'm used to....came off a Wing
6. Very good power, but not what I'm used to.
7. The mirrors are horrible and I'm assuming these are OEM, will replace..recommendations? I found them too small and did not like the oval shape.
8. A backrest is a must have and will be my first purchase.
9. I found the OEM seat very comfortable and that is a first for me.
With my sheepskin cover I should be good.
10. A lot of wind buffeting.

All in all I love this bike. My last two bikes have been the Valkyrie and GoldWing both outstanding motorcycles, in their own right. This Vic is one of the things on my bucket list and I think I made a wise decision...Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ga Mike,
Congrats on the purchase. Search for manual on the search bar. bbob posted maintenance manuals on here. Look at page 19.23 for how to put the cruise in diagnostic mode. My bike is new and I have a faulty throttle close switch I discovered this weekend. One other possibility many people have posted on here is that sometimes after washing the bike or going through heavy rain the cruise won't work for a few days. Enjoy many safe miles on it. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Concrats on your blue baby

I have the same bike, I love it and I had some of the same issues. Madstad bracket and a 13 inch V stream shield solved my problems. I am 6'4 and sit tall in the saddle. The madstad is a little ugly but being able to ride with face shield open and hearing the radio is worth it.
Enjoy your ride, and be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Went with the 7Jurock 13" on my XC made a world of difference in Buffeting .. There are other choices you might prefer but is no doubt the short stock windshield stinks ..

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! I have a 2012 also but mine is a tour version. I've heard the buffeting problems before and it seems to be an issue mostly with the forged lowers. Round crash bars and lower fairing don't seem to have that issue. I'm sure other will chime in here but you should be able to do a search. I think Madstadt windshield brackets and or fairing lower shields seem to fix that problem.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
remember to wait a few seconds after turning the cruise on
before using it. its not an instant on deal. nice bike. i love
the blue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the replies and recommendations. Gator joe, how tall are you? I am 5'10" and 13" looks about right for me. I don't want to look through a shield. Both the 7jurock and C Bailey look good, and I'm leaning toward the 7....Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts